Whirlpool direction

Guest John B

Guest Steelheader

Sure John.

- Take Niagara bound QEW over the St. Catharines skyway

- Keep left and take the 405 towards Queenston/Lewiston bridge (U.S./Can border)

- Take the Stanley Rd. exit. NOTE: don't miss this exit! It's the last one before the border, and if you miss it you'll have to turn around at the border and come through the toll booths.

- Go right on Stanley (south towards Niagara Falls)

- after 1km turn left onto Whirlpool road.

- after about 1km you'll hit the Niagara parkway. Turn right and you should quickly see a parking lot on your left. Park there. There is a trail at the far south end of the lot that takes you down to the wp.

Good luck! And watch the water levels...they can rise quite quickly in the morning.

good directions just one thing if when you are on stanly you go across like 3 sets of train tracks all together .. you missed the cutoff for Whirlpool road... going down stanly Whirlpool road y's off to the left

Not that I know of, but the upper directions are still the best ones to get to the whirlpool. And BTW, the parkway exit is the last one before the bridge, not Stanley Ave. :)

i believe it is still closed, was driving there two or three weeks back and there was major construction at the bridge and the end of the 420 with no cars being let off on the last exit before the bridge

IBC

Guest Steelheader

Check the Stanley exit sign...it should say "last exit" in the top right corner. If it doesn't, that probably means the parkway is open again.

But personally I wouldn't take the chance. It will cost you $3.50 to turn around.

This happened to me last month...I was meeting someone at the WP, didn't see the teeny-tiny "last exit" attachment on the big sign, and had to double back through the toll booths. Only I didn't have any money. So I had to go back to duty free and withdraw $10 at the ITM. But that cost me $2.50 service charge. So I had to pay $2.50 to pay $3.50, and by the time I got done I was so steaming mad.

So...save yourself the grief...take the Stanley exit! :)

jet boats cant even make it down

was on one of those whirl pool jets in Septemberand it was awesome ...

but they were saying that going up the river there would not be a problem, however coming down ... it would be catastrophic sicne the bend in the whirlpool is a class 6 rapid. It would sink the jetboat even.

Guest LloydChristmas
i believe it is still closed, was driving there two or three weeks back and there was major construction at the bridge and the end of the 420 with no cars being let off on the last exit before the bridge

IBC

3263[/snapback]

you can actually turn left right before the toll and go around the tolbooths

now that I read your post about the last exit though, I am not sure how legal that manouvre is

Archived