East Wall Tuesday Morning!

Mike Pike

Well, spent a gorgeous fall morning today in Dalhousie and decided to go shoulder to shoulder with da boyz on the East Wall. Watched several bows and browns caught thoughout the morning, and my turn finally came at around noon. Hooked into a nice bow that cleared the water several times and provided a thrilling fight.

I had been to Dalhousie 3 times this fall with nothing to show for it, so you can imagine my excitement.

A courteous angler netted the fish for me and even took a few photos when I asked him. Also offered me a bit of advice as far as my casting went. He told me not to cast at 12 o'clock( perpendicular )from shore, but to cast at 10 o'clock and enjoy a bit longer drift.

I'll remember that.

It may seem obvious to regular east wall drifters, but to a newbee, I was a bit intimidated and didn't want to foul the other guys. Mind you, when the occasional tangle occured, the guys were all pretty courteous this morning and very helpful.

Also nice to chat with ol' Nick. I think you regulars would know him. Found out he's from the same part of 'the old country' as I'm from. And he now actually lives at my Aunt's old house in Hamilton.

Small world.

Cheers!

excellant!!!

post those pics when you get 'em!!!

I, like you, am a bit nervous about fishing down there with all the tangles.... it's good to hear everyone is relatively cool about it tho... i may just have to give it another go...

Guest Steelheader

Good stuff Mike! Nothing like catching a nice bow to make your day. Glad to hear you had nice guys around you. I've been pretty lucky in that regard myself, and have never had any problems.

:D Boy is that nice to here , a non regular getting along with the boy's in port. The last few day's I was down with the east boy's and seen something that made me proud , a newbee getting a fish , all lines were brought in after someone yeld (neewbeeeeeeee) an angler put his rod down and waited to net his fish , then the newbe went to take the eggs and the net boy say's nonono we don't sqweezze fish down here let me show you he grabed the tail gave a little twist and out came the eggs he said just a cup full thoe or rob will kick your a@# then he turned around and saw me and then introduced the a@# kicker to the newbe :lol::) all the reg's got a big :lol: out of it and we all laughed then someone say's that's how we do it, then the newbe went to the side and torpeided her back . WOW after all the education it really paid off and made me proud, keep up the good work guy's it's catching on . thanks Rob Mcintosh

Guest bigfishbass

good to hear you finally got one mikepike.....and also nice to hear about he help the guys offered.... it's about time..this should be a regualr thing....maybe things are changing...

well i have seen regulars help quite often...im not sure if you would consider me a regular but when i am home form drivn i go to portD often i switch between there and queenston..depending on water but i do find the crowd more helpfull at portD than queenston ..

Archived