Smallie Fishin'

BigMac

Obviously the smallie fishing is great on the upper niagara. Wondering if you guys could help me with taking a shot at some of these trophies, in regards to regs, a good launch, and I may be asking to much on this one, but any tips on a starting point or pattern would be nice as well. I have never had my boat above the falls, and only had it in below once (last weekend). I'm new to these forums and hope i'm not out of line.

Guest Gill Finigan

Depending on size of your boat, there are several ramps on the upper. The nicer ones for larger craft are Chippawa or Black Creek with a few smaller ramps between them. Lure choice Tubes, Tubes and then you can try some tubes. Stick with natural colours smoke, greens and browns usually work best. Locations try breaklines and experiment with depths till you hit fish. If you want a shot at some real hogs Erie is a better bet.

I have some good maps hanging in the shop if you want to look for spots before you go. :lol:

Thanx for the help. I would love to have a look at those maps in your shop. Could we arrange a veiwing?

3364[/snapback]

Gill Finigans Fishing shoppe located at 4400 Queen St. Niagara Falls, Ont.... ph# 905-357-5293

hours are 9-5 Tues., Wed. and Sat. and 9-6pm Thurs and Frid. and 9-1pm Sun. and closed mondays.....

don't hold me to those times 'cause i don't work there :dunno: .... but definately give him a call before going in to make sure he's not out fishin' :)

*funny thing is this all off the top of my head :o* :D

Guest RiskTaker2

I to am New to these forums but will be spending alot of time here learning what i can about Niagra River Fishing!! :o

I would love to get on some walleye in the river....

Where on line can i find maps outlining the drifts on lower Niagra!!

I have yet to put my boat out there but was out on weekend with a buddy for his first time!! (wonder if Big Mac knows him?? :D )

We followed the lead of those there but did not have much luck!! :dunno: for our first time out!! We tried a few different drifts and i would love to be able to name them!!

If any one can help that would be great!!

Guest RiskTaker2

:dunno:

WOW!! I like this place!! that was fast Spanky!!

And very much appreciated!! :D

I am thinking we were on the Pine drift, the Jackson and possibly the long drift if boat lauch is right in front!!

Archived