QEW/Beacon regs

spanky

After a discussion in previous weeks about fishing under the QEW on the 20 mile and no one really having an answer, i thought i'd call and ask before i got in any trouble.... well, it seems astho you CAN'T fish under the QEW.... which is where most fish... so when they say "QEW to Lake Ontario" that means the QEW is the invisible boundary....

good to know, thought i'd share :dunno:

Guest bigfishbass

very interesting..... :D i will try my luck in the marina in jordan on sunday... right off the rocks... using minnows... we'll see what happens.. i kinda of get a little fed with elbow to elbow fishing.... :dunno:

i thought it was interesting and didn't think too many peole knew about it 'cause that's where all the people tend to fish is under the bridge.... heard a fwe gyus talking about it one day while i was down there so thought i'd find out for sure...

As for the perch fishing at the beacon..... think i'm gonna give it a go with minnows in a 'lil bit, of course i'll have wifey with me so we won't get too far out on those rocks :dunno:

Guest bigfishbass

my brother was there last week and caught 10 off the rocks... using minnows....they were a pretty decent size... he caught his steelhead there too...so looks like a good place. Ya my wife too LOVES that rocky climb LOL...

my brother was there last week and caught 10 off the rocks... using minnows....they were a pretty decent size... he caught his steelhead there too...so looks like a good place.  Ya my wife too LOVES that rocky climb LOL...

3373[/snapback]

where abouts? i've heard of people getting them by the ship, but i have a hard understanding why they'd be in so shallow.... it's only a couple feet deep there.... are there fish there? anywhere where i don't have to listen to the wifey's potty mouth, but can catch fish? :dunno: (not too far out on the rocks? :D )

Guest bigfishbass

right by the ship... cast out to the left of the propeler of the ship and you should be fine... just dont snaged on the prop. LOL I have seen the in the very shallow water too... lots of weeds there....when we were there, there was a few guys that canoed onto the boat and were cast from there, getting crazy bites.... but that is a no no...being on the boat. Let me know when you planning to go.

think i may head out on Sunday.... supposed to rain all day Sat. and i'm not feeling upto going righ now, so i think i'm gonna wait 'til then... gonna have to be in the morn. tho my Nascar race is on in the aft :dunno:

thanks for the spot... i woulda ended up walking out to the end, which is where i see most gyus :D

Like Bigfishbass said, I've been out to the beacon on a few occasions. The best day was last week sometime, sunny and using minnows, caught at least 10-15 perch, not too big, but perch nonetheless. Then I went the next day, wind blowing in a different direction and no sun, and no bites either. Only caught one tiny perch but also hooked a 15 inch rainbow which kinda made the day pretty good. I was just casting off the rocks out towards the boat. minnows on a #8 hook, about foot and a half up a split shot, then another foot and a half a bobber. ALso tried without the bobber and same luck, but tougher to feel the bites. I might go out a bit further next time where it's deeper, maybe some nicer sized ones out there. Anyways, good luck and maybe we'll see you sunday, we'll be there.

Like Bigfishbass said, I've been out to the beacon on a few occasions.  The best day was last week sometime, sunny and using minnows, caught at least 10-15 perch, not too big, but perch nonetheless.  Then I went the next day, wind blowing in a different direction and no sun, and no bites either.  Only caught one tiny perch but also hooked a 15 inch rainbow which kinda made the day pretty good.  I was just casting off the rocks out towards the boat.  minnows on a #8 hook, about foot and a half up a split shot, then another foot and a half a bobber.  ALso tried without the bobber and same luck, but tougher to feel the bites.  I might go out a bit further next time where it's deeper, maybe some nicer sized ones out there.  Anyways, good luck and maybe we'll see you sunday, we'll be there.

3411[/snapback]

Maz and I have been out in the beacon many times not much luck off the rocks,but if you have a boat and can get out on the water your best bet is to move around untill you find where they are schooled up. There are a lot of nice size perch to be caught. I was with maz last year and caught one 15 inches long we let that one go nd ate the rest.

good luck

Archived