Beaver Den

Guest chilli

I confirmed it today that the area I posted for "know niagara 6" in inhabited with beavers. Not the beavers you see in Port Dalhousie but the furry branch biting pack your stick in the mud kind. :dunno:

Does anyone know of others that exist in Niagara?

beaverden.jpg

These are fresh tracks in the mud. I'll try and get a picture of him. It is very shallow around this hut and I caught no fish there today. I got lots of practice snapping off my fireline and retying though.

they may be cute and cuddly, but with those teeth theyd probably gnaw your arm or leg off.

Wise choice .

You could have alwyas played him out, bonked him on the head removed the hook, tried to revive him and use the torpedo release method to release him once he awaoke :dunno:

Just about every stream with a flow has them in the south and all the main ones off of the Grand River.  Evening we usually see them just before sun sets.

3396[/snapback]

A few years ago on the Hith in Ayr a guy trapped a 75 lb Beaver that was chewing up tree's on his property!!

Guest bigfish1965

Saw one in Dalhousie one night. Was so big I thought it was a friggin dog. Then I got the tail salute and I knew it was a beaver.

For more information on beavers (Castor Canadensis) click here.

Archived