BEWARE CLASSIFIED FRAUD

Northerner

Just a reminder guys! There are many individuls out there trying to scam us out of our property. People who inquire about your ad may not be who they say they are. I have had offers to pay for my boat and then rebate the buyer back cash. I had an offers to buy the boat sight unseen for asking price on the condition the buyer do a lien check. I have no problem with that, but they wanted my birth date sin# full name etc. (identity theft). if it sounds to good to be true, or too easy, be suspicious. Alway ask for ID ( photo copy it if you can) don't be afraid to phone the bank the check is drawn on and confirrm it has not be altered, or stolen. There is lots of this going on. They hunt these sites for potential victims. Be smart. I have been approached no less thatn 8 times now, But I still have my boat and it is better not to be sold, than rush into something and get ripped off. Just a heads hup to be diligent when selling, once you make a dael and it leaves your sight you are #*$&ed!

a quick phone call to the cops

they might investigate as this is fraud

3427[/snapback]

That was already done.. but the police have a hard time tracking these internet guys. They could be anywhere, and manny ties are one step ahead of the police. It is just best to go with you gut, your common sense, and be cautious

Guest bigfishbass

unless an offence has happened your hands are tied...for sure...be wary..very wary... like it was said... if it sounds too good or easy.... stay away far away...i always sell stuff for cash...unless i know the person really close.

Archived