Launching on US side

rick

I was just wondering how many Canadians cross the bridge to launch on the American side for fishing the lower river. I've heard it was a bit cheaper to cross over and launch by the fort if fishing the lake instead of making the run, but with the impending dock removal at Queenston for the repairs, I was thinking that launching across the river might be more convenient for doing the backdrift and Artpark drift. Also any problems bringing the boat over the border? Cheers. :Gonefishing:

Every time I I take a new friend down we cross to get him a US liscence. tha last trip I made they wanted to see all the paper work on the boat , and searched it ,(made me remove cover) This is all coming back into Canada. The border guard could not understand that if your fishing in the US how come you don't go thru customs. He also thought I bought the boat and was trying to sneak it over. Lucky for me I carry copiees of the receipt. I willl never cross with the boat unless I absolutely have to!

I've crossed the border 100 times in the last several years hauling a boat and have been pulled over 3 times, just make sure your cover is off and you have the appropriate papers(which you should have). i made duplicates for the glove box and have the other one in the boat in case border patrol or nrp pull me over on the water.the only real problem going queenston bridge is that bridge sometimes it gets heavy traffic so you might have a delay getting back, other than that you won't have a problem.

ps, my boat was searched 2 times out of the 3, not a problem unless your hiding something

I was just wondering how many Canadians cross the bridge to launch on the American side for fishing the lower river. I've heard it was a bit cheaper to cross over and launch by the fort if fishing the lake instead of making the run, but with the impending dock removal at Queenston for the repairs, I was thinking that launching across the river might be more convenient for doing the backdrift and Artpark drift. Also any problems bringing the boat over the border? Cheers.  :)

3438[/snapback]

FYI - About the docks at Queenston, we called to ask about it and they have had so many calls and gripes, they moved it back a month (end of Dec[22nd]) before they take them out. They said the docks are coming out this winter because it costs too much to fix them every spring and the town is footing the repair bill since there are no launch fees charged.

FYI - About the docks at Queenston, we called to ask about it and they have had so many calls and gripes, they moved it back a month (end of Dec[22nd]) before they take them out. They said the docks are coming out this winter because it costs too much to fix them every spring and the town is footing the repair bill since there are no launch fees charged.

3513[/snapback]

That's awesome news. The last I heard was they were coming out on the 15th, but December 22nd is better. It's also great to hear that because of this topic that they received many calls about the docks, especially since they were supposed to originally come out today (22nd).

And guys, thanks for the info on the border. :)

Archived