How Well Do You Know Niagara?

Guest chilli

Here's the spot.

reflection.jpg

This has been edited due to a brain fart causing me to cross the border of the Niagara region. If the following responses sound weird, it's because they were from weird people. I can't edit that out. :dunno: This was taken during a class trip today with a grade 4 class. Yeah!!!! :Gonefishing:

DEFINATELY part of one of the many old canal systems.

I am going to hinge on somewhere in Welland since that spot looks like it stinks

:Gonefishing:

Looks familiar, I know its old canal and thats about it

I believe that is the part of old feeder canal near the end at port maitland.I have launched my boat down the way a few times.Now the fishing boats just moor along that stretch.Good try Chili. these are getting harder.

Guest bigfish1965

I have fished that 'spot' many times. Just below the cross you see on the 'flats' is very good! Also anywhere north of the 'tie-up' is productive as well. :)

Here's the spot. Didn't fish here because it was just a stop while getting lost on route to my intended location.

ssg.jpg

3461[/snapback]

I think you sent the wrong picture.I got a picture of nice looking ladie,instead of your picture of somewhere in Niagara.

Jmac

Sorry that was a temporary replacement for you to look at while I was out with a school trip today getting another picture. I blew the first attempt by posting a picture that was out of the region. Not by much :lol: just 10 minutes or so :D and you can't delete the orriginal post :)

It HAS to be St. John's pond. You were standing behind a park bench (duuuuuhhh). If entering the park, you were on the right hand side of the pond at the very back. There was probably a pile of canned corn just infront of that bench aswell.

No corn! :) Bows are closed in Div 3. I believe they only allow fishing there at certain times of the year.

nofishing.jpg

earthdam.jpg

I wonder if fish can escape this pond and get into the stream. I found fish on the other side of the dam including a goldfish. Would explain why there are rainbows in the Shorthills conservation area.

i imagine it would be possible, however there is also the chance that the fish were in the streams long before there was any construction in the area and are stream rainbow populations that dont make it to any large bodies of water ...

he pulled it down becuase it was outside of the Niagara Region by about 10 minutes ...

However as was pointed out to me reread the posts but still imagine you never saw the old canal shot and just the girl was posted there ....

humerous!

Yeah it was kinda out of topic. If I could have deleted the whole thread I would have. 175 hits before I changed the darn pic too! :)

Hey Sirfishalot. You knew that one so I gather your familiar with that area. What are all those rocky pier things in Lowbanks? Are they just personal spaces or can anyone launch there. Also, that feeder canal seemed to be in the middle of nowhere but later on towards the east there's a long section of ditch which resembles a tow path. Was this once a method of transportation for industry away from the hazzards of the lake?

Here's the other one.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~chili/lock.jpg

Hey Chili , I have been down there just once, this past spring when my father and uncle were letting me take them to one of their old catfish areas when they were young.

The old feeder canal was all tow from there to well past welland, I can remember it being full of water right up past Wainfleet some 40 yrs ago but today it is only about a foot or 2 of stagnant water.

The rocky piers that you see are tie ups for some of the old fishing boats that still go out of maitland but if you follow that road you were on to the end there is a public launch that you use at your own risk at the y in the Grand.

We had a gtreat day of fishing ,not to many cats but we caught a lot of "I remember whens" from days gone by. Would'nt trade it for anything.

Yeah it was kinda out of topic. If I could have deleted the whole thread I would have. 175 hits before I changed the darn pic too! :lol:

Chilli, if you or anyone wants something deleted, just send a PM to me or bigfish as we both check the board daily. :)

Archived