Fishin with the Smerch for Perch

Guest chilli

Was fishing the first for perch this aft. The East wall was orange and plenty of trout were landed from what I saw. Tried for perch but no takers. Did anyone else go perching? Not sure if the bite was off or if they've moved. When I left the old fellow on the point was still sitting there. I wonder if that kind of patience pays off. :huh:

1829-1845.jpg

where abouts were you fishn'?

I'm gonna give it a go tomorrow aft. at a local spot.... seen a few pike in the area a couple days ago, hoping there in chasing the perch... i'm not picky, wouldn't mind getting either :huh:

The interesting thing about that railing was published in Fridays Tribune on the front page. Didn't see it till later. Spanky, from what I've been hearing the Beacon and the BBC have been the most productive. Another spot in Port is under the willow by the SCGF. Let me know how you make out because I sure didn't. :huh:

I was at the Dain City bridge today caught 5 really nice perch.........released all kinds of smaller 6" perch........if I ate fish I would have kept those 6"ers..........but to much work to clean just to give them to my brother.........anyways the fishing has been good there all week........if your looking for perch it's a pretty good spot..........if you try it look for the guy in the red rainsuit I'll be there tomorrow............JHM.......... :blahblah1:

I was at the Dain City bridge today caught 5 really nice perch.........if you try it look for the guy in the red rainsuit I'll be there tomorrow............JHM.......... :blahblah1:

3711[/snapback]

Were you driving a white truck? I only saw one vehicle parked in the area yesterday near the water. Down toward the start line for the rowers there's some sort of outflow on the West side. Do you know where it flows from? Also there is a factory in the Loyalist Industrial Park across from a place I call the x.. Do you know what that place is? It reaked like alfagetti's down there. Probably that composting facility

The%20x.jpg

The%20x%20factory.jpg

stopped in at Pete's and grabbed a half scoop of minnows ($3. for like 50- 60 of them) then went out to PW marina and ended up getting 11 small perch in the 3hrs we were there, wife caught them all and i only got 3 bites :blush: biggest was about 7", brought those 2 home for a "taste" test 'cause wifey hasn't had perch yet.... all in all, not a bad day.... fish were sitting in the weeds in about 2' of water- thought they'd be deeper :)

chunky little guys, they've been outta water for 2hrs an they're still alive :blahblah1:

Hey chili.........I drive a black Focus I always park on the west side by the trail.........I'm usually gone by 10:30-11.........as for the the source of the outflow..........I'm not really sure might be overflow from "Mud Lake Conservation" which is on Elm st. ........went again tonight with the brother in-law caught about 15 fish only 3 keepers thought..........very windy holy.......I caught all the fish myself I think that was because of the sensitivity of my fireline..........the brother in-law hates it but he's buying some in the morning..........if it's to windy in the morning were going to try the grain elavators in port try to find selter from the wind.............JHM :blahblah1:

Archived