Port D Report Saturday Nov 27

Guest Steelheader

Guest Steelheader

Hey everyone

Went down to Port D east wall this morning, got there around 6:45 and it was already full (slept through my alarm :blahblah1: )

I got a decent spot on the wall, but the water was low. Waited for the water to turn on. And waited. And waited. I left at 10am with nary a hit and the water still hadn't been turned on.

Saw a few fish caught between 7 and 9 but they were mostly small-med sized browns, looked like they were caught on natural color brown roe. Pretty slow morning. Water vis was about 2'. If I don't start catching fish soon I'm going to have to change my name out of shame :blush:

Hey Steelheader! Nice to meet you out there today! My minnow tactic worked somewhat. Fished most of the day with them and at one point, within 30 min, I got about 4 bite and had a fish on for about 10 min...it felt like a nice size fish...so I'm assuming a trout??? Didn't get a look at all.

At about 4:00pm, just as I packed everything and was ready to call it a day, they opened the gate for a little bit. Oh the fishing was the best during that time. They closed it again, or at least almost closed it, at about 5:00pm when I really have to pack for home.

My 0/1 streak is still going strong...for 5 consecutive trips now!!!

Guest Steelheader

Good for you Ken! At least you had some hits. Conditions were great for minnows...if it weren't so crowded I would have tried my Banjo Minnows :blush: They'll catch fish when nothing else will! At least, that's what they said on TV.

Let me know next time you go down and we can hook up. Maybe we can put an end to our losing streaks. :blahblah1:

Archived