New York Side Of Lake Erie

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

:Gonefishing:

Up at 04:00 this AM. Feed, dewatered,delogged my faithful doggie <_< stopped for gas,smokes and Tims

Headed down Thorold rd. just after passing hy58 there were 2 cop cars and a car,just behind then still laying on the road was one of the biggest Bucks Ive ever seen. The person must of really nailed it,usually they will run for a bit but there he was DEAD on the road.

Headed down the QEW to Fort Erie and across the border. Only thing the border guard asked for was ID. Handing him my drivers Lic. he looked at it,started to hand it back,stopped and asked if that was my current address? *I've got a NB drivers lic. and it's fishing related. Resident N.B. Salmon lic.*

Headed down to Dunkirk arriving way to early :blush: and NO Tim's down there!!!

Head out front of Dunkirk.

Water temp in the harbour was 50F,lake around 46.7F :)

Dunkirk1130.jpg

D.Rigger with a minnow tipped Williams.

Flatlining a body bait that Denis Said would catch fish :mellow:

Trolled down to Silver Creek and the Catt. Water coming out of there was mud!!

Catt1130.jpg

Pulled everything in and headed out off of Dunkirk to the Mountain,trolled around till 2pm,lots of fish had 1 pop off,and that was it. All in All a good day in my books!! I was on the water!!!

I was on the http://www.newyorkfishingforums.com/forum/index.php last week and got some good info and found a tackel store 4 miles west of Dunkirk,I contacted the owner and he sent me some info on the local launch and fishing. I stopped in to see him at Bill's Hooks

Real nice guy,but geez his prices,man 1/2 price for what we pay here. Needless to say I did buy some stuff from him not much but.... My next trip down I'll have ample room for in my tackel box ;) However I was alittle disappointed in his Williams stock! He didn't have any,but geez he had everything else,he's even got a very large supply of Spin Doctors!!

Arriving back at the Canadian border they asked the usual stuff asked if I was bring anything back,I told her I had $39 woth of tackel,she also asked if the boat was Lic. in Canada with that I was good to go.... HMMMmmm maybe a new fish finder,coloured hmmmmm

I did get out once last week. Fort Erie to Sturgeon Point area. I nailed them big time,on that same body bait Denis sold me :unsure:

ShitheadErie1123.jpg

SunupErie1123.jpg

Thats a nice lookin smallie!

3833[/snapback]

Thats a BASS I thought they were Shitheads!???LOL

Man I had 4 of them that day.LOL

in the end if it isnt a lake trout its garbage to Brian

right ?

3899[/snapback]

Or an Atlantic Salmon or a Spec. Trout (Mudder) not the white meated version.

You know my first thought was that it was a Bass,but when I saw that it had no teeth I figured it was a ShitHead. I had 4 all that size trolling from Sturgeon Point and 5 miles east of there.

IBC got your PM,12 mile looks real muddy from here

12Mile121.jpg

Archived