Fort Niagara,US Side,Boat Launch

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

Anyone know how to get to the Launch from the Queenston bridge. This is the launch thats down by the mouth. Road name would be helpfull,then I can Mapblast it.

Thanks

Hey Brian: If your talking about the launch at the fort it's ROBERT MOSES PARKWAY(NORTH) I don't know how to get their from Queenstone bridge we always go over queenstone/lewiston as soon as you go across you stay to the right take the cutoff and you follow the parkway to the end watch for the ramp signs. Rob :blahblah1:

Hey Brian: If your talking about the launch at the fort it's ROBERT MOSES PARKWAY(NORTH) I don't know how to get their from Queenstone bridge we always go over queenstone/lewiston as soon as you go across you stay to the right take the cutoff and you follow the parkway to the end watch for the ramp signs.  Rob :blahblah1:

3976[/snapback]

Ok thanks Rob,as long as they have signs I can find it. Not expecting to use it until Jan. I'm still fishing Erie.

Ok thanks Rob,as long as they have signs I can find it. Not expecting to use it until Jan. I'm still fishing Erie.

3979[/snapback]

Brian......................................

Rob is correct, once you clear US Customs you want to stay in the right lane and follow signs for the Robert Moses Parkway, you'll want to head North.

I live in the states but am a frequent visitor to your side of the border (family there) I just haven't paid attention when crossing the bridge exactly what the signs say. I'll check it out and post back some better directions.

In any event, head North on the Robert Moses Parkway and in about 12-15 minutes you'll see a split in the road, bear left (sign says Ft. Niagara), once in the park there are very "small" roadside signs to the boat launch ramp, easy to miss, but it is a left turn maybe 1/4 mile from the park entrance.

If they are collecting launch fees, it's $6 bucks US, if you are going to be doing alot of launching from Ft.Niagara you can buy a NYS Yearly pass for $45, it can be used to launch at any NYS park.

-Dave

Thanks Dave it's really appreciated. Once I find the sign for Ft. Niagara,I'll be good to go,I'm not very good with small signs. I'm told theres signs on the Fort Erie bridge saying have your ID ready. hehe Didn't see a one lol

Welcome to the board oldcatcher !! :blahblah1:

Thanks for the welcome to the board Brian................

I've been lurking for awhile now and am more than willing to help out where I can.

I'm pretty bad at missing those signs as well, so you're not alone there. lol

-Dave

Hey Oldcatcher, does that $45 yearly launch cover buffalo small boat harbor as well? Which other local launches does it cover, thanks, John.

4007[/snapback]

bucketmouthjohnny.................................

No, it dosen't cover the Buffalo Small Boat Harbor, it's only good at bona fide New York State Parks, such as Ft. Niagara, Tuscarora St Park near Wilson, NY, etc.

State wide there are many, in the Niagara Region there are only a few I'm sorry to say. I believe there are some out in the Finger Lakes Region as well.

Here's a link to the NYS webside to get more info, it's called the Empire State Pass and it's also good for admission to the Parks, not just boat launching.

Runs from April 1 to March 31 annually.

http://nysparks.state.ny.us/passport/

Also, I haven't had one for a few years and I see like everything else, they've raised the price to $59 bucks. The online application link isn't posted yet, I'm almost positive it isn't just for New York State residents, but I'll keep checking the website to get that info when the application link is finally posted.

At Ft. Niagara where the launch fee is $6 bucks, you'd have to use it 10 times to break even, it's also kinda limited due to the fact they give you a sticker that has to show on your vehicle so that you always have to bring the same tow vehicle if you are launching or even just taking the family to the State Park for a picnic or whatever.

-Dave

Archived