LargeMinnows

Guest Markus

I'm heading to the Niagara on Monday and I'd like to pick up some 3-4 inch minnows for the day. Does anyone know where I can pick some up?

Has anyone fished the bar, or is everyone still staying in the river? I'm not really set up for the river drifts, so the bar is my destination.

mkehoe@fernlea.com if you prefer.

Guest Big Bass Rich
I'm heading to the Niagara on Monday and I'd like to pick up some 3-4 inch minnows for the day.  Does anyone know where I can pick some up?

Has anyone fished the bar, or is everyone still staying in the river?  I'm not really set up for the river drifts, so the bar is my destination.

mkehoe@fernlea.com if you prefer.

4017[/snapback]

Hey I think in Dunnville has some big minnows!! :blahblah1:

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

Dominion Bait open 24/7,in Fort Erie,QEW to Bertie road,turn right at light go all the way down,to Dominion rd. Turn right just after the speed limit turns to 80k 2nd house on left. Walt has all kinds of them,$2 a dozen. It's out of your way though,or try Fishing World in Hamilton,I'm not sure what time they open.

So really yo'd only be passing Fishing World in Hamilton and Grimby Tackle in grimsby.... i grabbed some minnows from Pete's last week, but they were only an inch long.... the shop in Fort Erie may have them, they're only about 10mins outta the way.... the only local shop in Niagara Falls is Gill Finigans and he's not carrying them at this time.... there's also a store in Welland apparently, have no idea where tho, but from the postings on this board they do carry minnows :blahblah1:

Markus,

Had to go to Lewiston last week to get some visitors some licenses at "Down River Bait and Tackle" and they had some great looking 3-4 inch minnows. I don't know my species all that well but I thought they were Shiners. $4 american a dozen.

Down River Bait and Tackle:

Seneca St.

Lewiston, NY

USA

716-754-4272

Note:

Directions from Lewiston bridge; follow signs to Lewiston NY, left on 8th St., left on Seneca St., left turn into tackle shop.

As soon as you go thru customs its the first exit about 100 mtrs

Follow sign to artpark left on 8th, left on Seneca

My first time I missed that immediate exit and got lost

His name is Kim he opens at 6 am if you have trouble call him he'll guide you.

It's 5 minutes from the border he has minnnows also.

Thanks to ACTION and RAUMASTER for the info.

Regards

Meds

Archived