Where To Fish Above The Falls

Walleyeguy

Since I'm from Brantford I don't get to Niagara much. Does anyone know where I can fish from shore above the Falls. Is any spot good? :lol: Roughly how deep is the river? I've been to the Whirlpool but want to try different spots. Any info would be appreciated. I am interested in catching walleye, pike, bass and salmon/trout. Thanks

I guess it would depend on what you're looking to catch, down around fort erie you can catch perch, walleye, bass, trout just about anything from shore at the right time. Around the RR Bridge over to the US is usually pretty good. <_<

There are lots of spots on the upper basically from the almost the brink of the falls to the mouth of Erie, that are great fishing for different species of fish all year long.Even as close as the falls....wall on the park way across from what's called Dufferin Islands is good for rainbows/bass depending on time of year..some of the creek mouths are good as you go up the parkway....take a drive there's lots of spots to fish that are great...just gotta park the car get out and try around. I go all the time I live like 2 minutes from the river in fort erie, can see the river from the end of my driveway..lol..even go goofing around when I am bored for an hour just to break up the day...can't resist its so close..lol

it's spring I always keep my fishin stuff in the car, never know when I might wanna take a couple spur of the moment casts. I decide lots of times I am just siting watching tv..hey im gonna go down to the river for a bit

Guest IBC

went by dufferin islands today to find some carp prior to work ... the pakrs have not opened up the gates to fill it yet, shes lookin like a giant cess pool. 75% of the system is drained with water only in the main body and thats a stagnant ugly color.

ya looks pretty bad in there had to drop daughter off at karate in the falls tonight..took drive over there with the youngest one to go see the ducks...she calls it duckland..lol....looks pretty bad in there...IBC if you are trying for carp by there...try across the road in the river at the break wall there are some huge ones there sometimes..I have seen em that had to go upwards of 50lbs easily..and I am basing that on the fact that I catch lots of carp in the spring every year..and lots are between 30-35lbs or so..and some of the ones i have seen there are wayyyy bigger than that..lol. although just for goofin around ya never know what you will catch in duff sometimes, since they made it a fish sanctuary a few years back you would be surprized whats in there.

Archived