How Much is too much?

Guest chilli

How much would you pay for this package?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you pay for this package?

• $2000
    • $3000
    • $4000
    • $5000
    • More

I have a line on a 18 foot aluminum boat in good shape with a cover and a 150 and a 9.9 Johnson complete with trailer. All are said to be in top notch condition. Between 15 - 20 years old. Not sure how many variables in purchasing a boat besides mechanical. It's a good neighbour and I trust him when he says it's in good shape. He's older and sick now. So knowing this little bit and assuming all is been kept up, how much roughly should I be looking at?

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

Chilli can you post a pic?

That is a 150hp and a 9.9hp,I take it neither are 4 strokes. Is it reveted vessel,if so you need to think what kinds of roads you will be hauling it on. If you do alot of dirt road towing,you sure don't want a riveted vessel. Motors will last a life time if there looked after,it's the parts that will wear out,pumps,carbs ect/.

Offer him a $1000,if the motors are junk,the Grand will cover the boat anyways. Look at his face when you make him the offer,if he counters,go half of that. You need to test drive it,drain the boat before launching,then drain it when you pull it back out,if you see water,RUN!!

Another thought is your car able to tow that kind of weight?

Will the wife allow you to buy it?

It's a good set up though,it's always good to have a spare motor.

Take it down to Nicholl's and have Cory look at the motors,they might even know the boat seeing how the boat is in Fort Erie.

Hey Chilli: I think Brian said it all the only thing I would add is this boat to big or to small for the water that you will be fishing, this boat sounds good for both lakes but may be to big for smaller bodies of water (depends on hull desine) deep V or shallow. I only say this because you may get into 1 style of fishing and find out you have the wrong boat(salmon-downriggers, bass-elec/mot-cast/deck) you have to decide this and then fit the boat to your style of fishing. Hopes this helps and we can say seyaonthwater. :) Rob :Gonefishing:

Chilli, I can't agree with the others more about getting the motors checked. If there's a serious problem it could cost thousands more to fix them so the'll be reliable for you and your family, But if the motors are good and the boat dosn't leak, could be a great Lake Erie, Lake Ont. boat. :Gonefishing:

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

Yes I can see Chilli flying along L. Ontario this year,with his son, out fishing those Salmon. Xmas is coming,i'm sure Mr.Smerchly(Dad) will help you! $$$$$ :Gonefishing:

Frigging snow out,guess I'll wait till tomorrow to fish

Chilli if you need to tow it for a test drive give me ashout,I'm in Fort Erie a couple times a week.

Archived