Good week at Niagara

fishfight

Caught 5 fish this week. 2 lake trout few days ago and 2 lake trout and 1 rainbow this sunday morning. 5-7 lb average

Water visibility was very clear.

I was using a combination of jig with black grub, spoon and rattler.

Hardly anyone on site on Thusday, but tons of anglers and only saw couple other fish caught today, it was my first time fishing on a weekend, for I normally have to work, but I was able to sneek in 3 hours of fishing this morning and head back to work before noon.

The fish were very active and jumping everywhere, I saw few jumped and tumbled acrobaticly, this is the first time I witness fish jumping in a weird pattern that looked like someone threw them sideways. I also saw some carp in the water.

I only have one picture, too lazy to take the rest.

All fish were very active and they fought quite hard this time of the year.

Unfortunately my buddy did not catch any in another location, I then called him over and gave him my spot, after another 15 minutes of fishing and no luck for him, I have decided to call it a day by 10:00am and decide to make my last cast right in front of him, and bangggg!!!! It was a big surprise for me, this is the second time since I started fishing 20 years ago that I caught a fish stating it will be my last cast for the day.

I was quite contented in landing 2 in 3 hours, but 3 on a busy sunday morning. I am really in luck and in cloud 9!!!

Archived