Port Weller

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

I awoke at 06:00,2 hrs of sleep,excited about going fishing I guess. I was going to head to Barcelona by road and launch down there. With no sleep I decided on going to PD and out off the canal. First thing my loving doggie (Buddy) does is head butt me while I'm putting on my sneakers,I just spent $800 of the insurance companie's money last week getting my teeth fixed. Now I'm without a front tooth till Monday. Frigging dog!

Chilli

It was good meeting you this AM,your son looks to be quit the man at such a young age.

I trolled around the West side of the Canal

Wellandcanal1209.jpg

hoping there be some Browns there,nothing,theres lots of big marks in front of the Canal and over near the point on the east side. However they new I was coming and were on guard.

Canal1209.jpg

Only fished 4 hrs today.

I think I'll head to Port Maitland in the AM. I feel the need to catch a Sheepshead,or are they Bass!!!! :lol:

got any big minnows there?

Guest bigfishbass

Hey there Biran.... I saw the famous Avro Arrow this morning on Geneva st and Carlton St . The boat caught my eye right away and upon closer inspection..damn look who it is.. LOL ... You were heading south on Geneva and stopped at the lights near the Tim Horton's and I has heading east on Carlton and stopped at the lights. Didn't get a chance to wave and shout...but that sure is a nice looking boat.

Why Thanks

It wasn't by accident that I have a legend. The lake I fish up north,one of the camp owners had a Legend that I saw about 5 years ago. I didn't have a name but had a picture in my head of what it looked like,I searched the net off and on for a couple of days,then I found the dealer. These Exterminators are an welded design,and a true fishing (Trolling) boat. Theres no problem mounting DRiggers planner board mask,rod holders ect.

Only thing was it was underpowered,I had to upgrade the motor,and i put on a new fishfinder.

Next nice day I think I'll give her a wash! She needs it.

well watching the weather network ... the st kitts area is going to be RAIN RAIN RAIN

maybe some snow but it is expected to be above 0 the whole night and tomorrow

Hey Brian: Just a little tid bit about fishing the mouth of the canal,maybe you know this one. I use to watch for a ship comming in or out and get in behind her just off to one side and run with her to the marker and use to get lot's of fish, because they seem to come in behind for a free smorg of smashed up bait fish from the props. shhhh don't tell anyone that one :P Rob

Did you ever net that Port Dalhousie white fish Brian?

4573[/snapback]

LMAO I forgot all about it!! Seems you know alot about them though :worthy:

Guest Steelheader
Hey Brian: Just a little tid bit about fishing the mouth of the canal,maybe you know this one. I use to watch for a ship comming in or out and get in behind her just off to one side and run with her to the marker and use to get lot's of fish, because they seem to come in behind for a free smorg of smashed up bait fish from the props. shhhh don't tell anyone that one  :worthy:  Rob

4521[/snapback]

I always wondered whether gamefish took advantage of this. I know the gulls always do, so I wondered what would happen if you followed a boat with your line in the water. Thanks for the tip :D

Archived