The fishing forum

jwl

well actually all the comments about the here we go again lurker post thing..is not why i started up this thread anyways..was just a comment on how many people where memebrs on here as opposed to the amount of people who post..as for the comment about myself being a lurker..lol..all i said was popped into the forum before as an onlooker..and decided to join in because i love fishing and sharing info with others about it..didn't consider myself as a lurker so to speak..lol..because i actually go fishing..lots and lots and have for years and gained lots of knowledge and a few good freinds along the way..lol..and not out just to here all the hotspots so i can jump over to your fishing holes..lol..i have plenty of my own..lol.and if ya think abouit it..I can guarantee that none of you ever found me at your favorite spot when ya go there..lol..man doesn't take much on here sometimes for someones thoughts to get twisted around a little and then picked on for being something its not..lol..thats because ya can't see the guy chattin at ya to see that they might actual;ly be happey and smiling at the time..lol..I like sharing info with the up and coming anglers on here..heck i am new myself only been posting on here for a few weeks really..lol...and i also thank alot of you guys for some of the great info pertaining to walleye fishing that you all shhared with me...don't worry i beleive what comes around goes around..and am happy to share any info i may have about whatver too..I go fishing 12 months a year for pretty much every species of fish ya can catch around these parts.I must be doing something right..lol..I catch lots..been skunked a couple times lately though..oh well we all gotta take the skunks too i guess..I also think it is great when bunches of guys from on here get togther and go fishing too..proves the theory that there a bunch of good guys on here..never know when ya might see some of us out on the water at the same time too..talk to ya all later

I to lurk everyday,but only post when I think I can help

or I have been fishing which dosn't happen too often now days since

I WORK 6 days a week usually about 10 to 12 hours.

However when I do post when I fish you will know where, when, what ,and how.

No secrets but everybody has there "spot" that they keep to them selfs.

Anyways I'm gonna keep my nose out of the doo doo and I hope

this topic dosn't end up going sour as it has in the past. :rolleyes:

Dave

:Gonefishing: I remember back when this topic came up before and we had a few with 3 or 4 posts come on and start asking where should I look and what should I use to catch bass. It is not that the ones that fish the circuit don't want to tell where they fish and what we use, It is that some of these areas can get lots of fishing presure and if we tell you where and what, then when we go we get nothing.This is why we do not give info because we are spending the cash to enter these events,and would like to make the classic just not try to win $$$.So don't be saying Oh these bass guy's are stuck-up we are not,I will help at any gived time on what to look for or what to try and if it is a body of water the is miles and miles I will tell you what not to fish so you don't waste time trying to find fish.Just wait for the season to start and pick your ???? or use the P/M's for info I am sure we will all be of some help just be curdious and you will get your info. Catfish :lol:

With a public board your ALWAYS going to have lurkers...I started as a lurker and then finally got my feet a little wet, and learned quickly that post like "Where can I catch fish" aren't going to get answers. I've learned alot of spots through PM and have shared alot of spots from meeting up with people and through PM...that way only someone you trust knows the spot. I'm not going to lie, I have seen a great post and PMed right away asking where the spot was (sorry Joe, I was one of those hundred askin' where those perch were from :Gonefishing: ) but aside from that one I haven't done it in a long time because I would'nt reply to someone I don't know and tell them where a spot is either. Now back to the lurking thing, there's no reason for anyone to get upset about lurkers because it's a public board...if you don't want your secret spot don't share it...lurkers only get very general locations anyways, especially now that everyone is painting over the background of their fishing pictures. So lurkers may be the ones that don't have much knowledge and rely on us to provide it...I know I did that about 550 posts ago :lol:

Guest scottsgonefishn

HI, my name is Scott and I have been a lurker for 3 or 4 months now. You know,,, its pretty tough sometimes to get into the mix on most of the stuff that forums. truth is , I stumbled up to the mighty niagara riv one time during the spring loc several years ago when fishing the east side of the lake was not gonna happen. The fishing was spectacular!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyways being only able to make the trip up once a year, that kind of great fishing is something to spend time lurking around trying to hear, see about. Its pretty cool to hear about your pike derby and your trips to the beaverpond and that kind of stuff, but does anyone talk about issues like good levelwinds to use with wire, does anyone use spectra instead. What are those little minnows called that are all over the boatlaunch at the fort and does anyone catch as many lurk,,, lunkers on them as i do. As to the posts or lack of, most of the stuff is pretty well wrung out by the time this screen gets turned on. Around here we have a fantastic fishery for landlock salmon that are sweet on a light line. we have 15 to 20 inch rainbows to fill the freezer with. super sized stripers and pike the size of logs to satisfy the most predetory nature. And lunker walleyes and perch both yellow and white, white being much better eating. Any takers on that forum. When it comes right down to it, its your forum and i guess i'm guilty of lurkin just to hear about your fishin. Man, last time i was up there i lost so much tackle off wilson that it hurt. Stuff that was hours old. Tiz a fact that you can measure my posts on one hand.

Scotts :Gonefishing:

I'm fairly new to the board and to fishing, first year I have a small boat, 14 feet and 9.9hp.

I've been reading this forum almost every night, and have learned a lot about fishing. When I have a question I have received help from many people. I try and post anything I think could be useful, but many times I go fishing and not much to report.

Example, I didn't think posting that I went fishing in the grand river for the first time today and caught 2 sheepheads and a silver bass? was worth posting.

I would like to thank everyone who do post and answer my newbie questions.

Archived