Children's Flotation suits

Guest Jeetmuck

Guest Jeetmuck

Good morning,

I haven't visited the site in awhile. Good to catch up on all of the latest topics.

Anyways, my kids are already pestering to get out on the ice this year but I would like to get them some kind of flotation protection. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations on products available for children (70-80 lbs) for out on the ice? I have not been able to find child size devices and in the past have just used a flotation vest over their winter clothes but they always complain about not being able to move around.

Any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks and can't wait to get out on the hardwater,

JM

Guest bigfishbass

hey there.. there are suits availabe for kids.... but it all depends how much you want to spend. Are you talking about survival suits? If have the money then you can get Imperial USCG/SOLAS Approved Survival Suit, Child To 59" To 110lbs $295.99 US. They are expensive...but is there a price for safety.... LOL....ummm this could be it.... LOL they do go up in price....i haven't seen any canadian dealers...but I will check.

Guest Jeetmuck

Thanks bigfishbass,

I have seen them online, but no Canadian dealers to look at. I may just look for a float jacket for them in size small or keep on using a lifejacket over their winter clothes until they are a little bigger.

If only this cold weather would stick around a little longer, we can all be out on Simcoe January 1.

Take it easy,

JM

Guest bigfishbass

ya all my gear is ready for the ice... north of me is getting hit hard with snow.... and cold temps... so maybe..just maybe....we could be fishing ice soon.

Guest Jeetmuck

Sorry Tom,

I don't know if any children's snowmobile suits are floatable, but I would imagine you could use the Imperial suit on a snowmobile but at $300 american for one season of use is kind of steep.

I am still looking for anything but I will continue to use the set up I previously mentioned because they can only handle getting once or twice a month with me.

Take it easy,

JM

Guest old guy

Hi Jeet; I have 3 Mustang Floater coats that have never been used..... still have the tags on them. Will fit a small woman or kids up to about a size 16..... blaze orange color..... take one or take them all...... $60.00 each .

Purchased a number of years ago for my kids but didn't get used.

Archived