Fishin the Pier in Hamilton

fishin_hamilton

Fished for 2hrs and got 5 sheepshead biggest one was 10lbs all of them caught on berkley power grubs and was pretty good when there was a current going out of the canal into the lake. Also saw lots of big carp swimming around. it was pretty cool catching my first fish in that part of the lake. Sorry no pics was kinda last minute thing after going for a drive near burlington.

some of the sheaphead seem to be pretty big this year..and weird scenarios for catching them too..you would think you would catch them mainly on the bottom...but I have caught 3 big ones this year trolling for 'eyes...fishing on 40-50 feet of water..trolling between say 20-25 feet down...what's with that :blink::lol: ..suspended sheephead :D ..big ones too..thought they where nice 'eyes for sure till i got em beside the boat...thanks for the report there man...those big carp are always fun to tackle for the day..specially if ya get a hot spot and you can catch like 15-20 big ones in a day

Guest FisherNick

Good stuff...

I fished there not too long ago, and withing about 30 seconds hooked and landed a 7+ drum (sheephead)

Fun place to kill a couple hours seeing as its close to home.

Cheers

Nick

Archived