Going shopping for.........

jhm123452000

Got to go Christmas shopping for myself ..........want to buy a (2 man) portable ice shelter ............and a 10" auger...........thinking about a frabill hut and Jiffy auger...........never owned a hut or auger ..............are they good choices what else is on the market............HELP.............going to be expensive so I want to make the right choices..........any advice would be great.............would a (2 man) hut fit on a roof rack.........I hope so.........lol...........JHM............ :P

Hey Dawg..........I've looked at the clam website.........wow.........very nice.........do they come with those padded seats or are they a option.........I will be looking into them more .......about the 10" auger it's over kill for sure........most of the time I fish perch and walleye...........but a 10" hole is really nice to fish threw.............would I be able to put the auger on the shelter when I pull it out to my spot...........Thx for the reply..........what made you buy it over the other shelters..........price,quality.weight,usability.........just wondering..........................JHM :blush:

Guest muskiehntr

hey jim; you are looking at the right stuff in my books, i feel if your going to buy a power augar why sell your self short? you never where you might be fishing for next, theres nothing like looking through a ten inch hole and watching the frenzy of pearch down there, i have fished through little four inch holes for them and can't see what is going on, catch way more out of the ten! and try to get a decent size whittie through anything smaller is a real chalange.

as for as models, i really liked using my ten inch jiffy i had for three seasons and had no trouble ever straring it, this year i will though some f----- stole it!!!! wish i could find a ten inch hand auger lol.

Guest muskiehntr

somthing to add to your shopping list you may want to look into is a survival suite. i just bought a H.H. half hour ago for 239.99 at J.R's outdoor store in welland, not a bad price. he also has good prices on huts too.

Archived