Keeping hands warm

oldcatcher

How do you keep hands warm during winter fishing?

Wear your hunting gloves or other specialty cold weather gloves?

I will be shore fishing mosltly and not ice fishing if it matters.

-Dave

Guest Big Bass Rich

I use a pair of neoprene hunting gloves. My buddy bought a pair of neoprene fishing gloves that look just the same and they're just as waterproof but my hunting ones seem to stay just a bit warmer. Got them at Canadian Tire for about 20 bucks, well worth it!

I use a pair of neoprene hunting gloves. My buddy bought a pair of neoprene fishing gloves that look just the same and they're just as waterproof but my hunting ones seem to stay just a bit warmer. Got them at Canadian Tire for about 20 bucks, well worth it!

4891[/snapback]

I basically use the thinsilate flip gloves. The ones where your fingers stick out like a glove and the top can fold over to cover your hands. Some people throw latex gloves underneath your gloves to keep your hands warm. I personally have never tried it but have heard of it being done.

Ahhh, but with neoprene gloves your hands will sweat, but keeps the hands warm UNTILL you take 'em off and thats what freezes up on you....have 3 pairs if you go this route....just in general mitts will keep you hands warmer, but don't forget the heat packs for that second wind.

Just keep the hands dry and you should do alright!

4900[/snapback]

Good advise Tommy_Niagara...............

Not familiar with heat packs, any brand/type better than the others?

-Dave

Try Polypropylene Glove Liners. Or silk glove liners.

http://www.glacierglove.com/

http://www.hatch-corp.com/lawpages/pl10.html

:Gonefishing:

4987[/snapback]

Thanks Doc.....................

Those glacier gloves look like they would work.

-Dave

I keep two or three pairs of those cheap thin cotton gloves inside my survival suit, that way when I put them on my hands they're already warm. I always carry a towel to dry off my hands before putting the gloves on. I also bring a pair of snowboard mitts which also get stuffed inside the suit for walking out to the spot or for when my hands get cold and need a quick warm up. I look like I've got a huge beer belly, but my hands stay nice and warm. I've never felt the need to use the handwarmers, switching up to the warm mitts when it gets really cold works great.

Archived