dipsey divers

Guest wheatking

Guest wheatking

Has anyone ran the small dipsey's with an Offshore inline planerbaord? and what exactly does the snubbers do? Does anyone have a setup for using the dipsey's that works for them? Just doing a little research before spring.....

Thanks

Wheatking

Has anyone ran the small dipsey's with an Offshore inline planerbaord?  and what exactly does the snubbers do? Does anyone have a setup for using the dipsey's that works for them? Just doing a little research before spring.....

Thanks

Wheatking

4954[/snapback]

I haven't heard of anyone running dipsey off the in line planer boards. I would think there would be too much of pull on them and that it would simply release. You can actually adjust a dipsey to dive and pull away from the boat therefore elimanating the need of planer boards. Basically a snubber is used if your using a braided line. The snubber acts a shock when the fish hits because the braided line doesn't strech and you may break off a dipsey. Set- ups wise I mainly use the size 0 dipsey. I run about a six foot leader off the back of flourocarbon 15lb when trolling for salmon and walleye. You can make minor adjustments such as lengthening or shorting your leader depending on water clarity. Hopefully this helps.

i use a snubber when i am using large dipseys. it goes between the dipsey and the leader . it is there because you only have about 8 foot of line to take the shock between the dipsey and lure if a fish slams it. try snap weights on your line off the board you can set them where ever your want . church tackle's are nice you can set them so they can not fall off they have to be removed by hand.

Take a look at the slide divers. Solves the lead length problem. I have yet to use a snubber or lose a slide/dipsey. I also havent gotten a fish over 20lb on those setups. Take a look at offshore boards as well. Apparently they are the cats meow, I of course tried the others first. Not sure what you're going for, dipsey + in-line planner = ?

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

I have both inline and the big off shore boards. Dipseys I've used on the big boards.

The inline boards,if you use a dipsey,the board will just nose dive on you. I've tried the inline boards with just no streach line and a Reef runner 100' back,board sinks.

I have the Walleye inline boards now,had the yellow ones,lost both in heavy seas. The walleye board,on the back pin I take a couple of half hitches. Haven't lost one yet!

I enjoy using the inline boards more then the big ones. If your fishing alone (mostly I do),the big boards are a real pain if your playing a fish.

Archived