Ice Fishing Cook's Bay

PickerelHunter

Hey, has anyone here gone ice fishing on Cook's Bay? We're planning on taking a trip up there and just wanted to know if you guys had any recommendations on what outfitter to go with. I was looking at Ice Cabins of Gilford, they seem pretty good and have a good deal on, plus they have an Ice Cam which I thought was cool. Ice Cabins if you want to check them out. But I've never been there so I don't know, any suggestions would be great. Thanks

Guest bigfishbass

so here is a dumb question... how do you know when the perch are in..like before going up there... or is it a, get up there and see what is happening...and if they are in... how long do they stay....usually....but i guess if we knew that.... then we would be outsmarting the fish...and catching more....any help would be great in answering these questions.... LOL....PickerelHunter when is your trip to nippissing? and thanks again for the invite....

If the operator says there's gonna be perch there then well there's probably perch there or very nearby ; chumming or playing a lure will help probably... Cooks Bay is rather Merky so a 'noisy' lure for attraction ..Last year the green MR CHAMP lure was a friends favourite for his jig line and he set up a tip up for perch said he was always switchin' back and forth sometimes perch just aren't bitin And I guess the barometer has something to do with that ..I used a single hook with a minnow and a Small half and half williams hammered as my jig line ... Cooks Bay has many opportunities for many different species of fish only some of which are in season right now.. This week is the most dangerous as the Ice needs to settle some ,,Carefull if your going out Slyatv

Guest mean_drunk
Hey, has anyone here gone ice fishing on Cook's Bay?  We're planning on taking a trip up there and just wanted to know if you guys had any recommendations on what outfitter to go with.  I was looking at Ice Cabins of Gilford, they seem pretty good and have a good deal on, plus they have an Ice Cam which I thought was cool.  Ice Cabins if you want to check them out.  But I've never been there so I don't know, any suggestions would be great.  Thanks

5144[/snapback]

If the perch are on i've seen hutless people with 30 to 40 good sized perch within walking distance from shore..more on overcast days.Call 1st for ice conditions though...remember that breakaway a few years back and people had to be air rescued?

Hi guys, just to add...we are up here on Simcoe. It is excellent fishing. Cooks Bay is frozen at about 3/4 mile out. Huts are going out on Monday. Perch is the target for most guys from the US, with the odd pike thrown in. Ice cabins is a great guy, we know him and he has a good operation. He is on the West side of cooks - gilford. We are on the east side, town of Keswick (simcoefishingadventures.com). If you want the whole scoop on cooks bay ice fishing, give us a buzz...happy to fill you in. we are on the web.

Im very interested in finally tryin simcoe out, I ice fice down on erie and a few small rivers down here! Just wondering how much it would cost for the smallest cabin for just 1 guy or maybe 2, I dont have a auger and it gets old real fast with the spud so I figure a rented hut would be perfect for me? Just need an estimate like roughly how much it would be for a day on simcoe!

ditto on those huts, 2 guys is great in a 4 man hut, especially if you want to fish 2 lines (oops, are we still allowed 2 lines) Still, with the center hole cut out of those huts tangles will, notice i said WILL happen and with 4 guys jiggin its a mess. Hey Tommy, i think he asked how much it would cost , what is the currency exchange on simoleons? :Gonefishing: your right on with those prices and usually with that most guys will give you a scoop or bait for the day. Let's get some dinner!!!

Archived