welland canal !!

pike007

I live a 2 minute drive fromt his place but i rarely go ..does anyone fish around portweller drydocks or anywhere along government road! If i fish there ill hit up one of the water falls!??? ;)

i have been known to venture to where the pilot boats sit ... i dont hold too much faith in the canal though ...

i like areas that are nice to sit around or stand in

Well yah its hard to find the fish in some areas just beacuse its so deep some areas on the bottom are fricken sand so basically youll be just wasting your time there a few rock shoals that i fish from time to time catching smallmouth but i rather go fish somewhere else.I used to fish alot when i was younger near the waterfalls but since i had a close call in that dangerous water ive never returned if you fall in theres no hope ...but for people who dont mind fishing in dangerous water the fishing isnot bad ive caught big perch,crappie,sheeps,smallies and carp also salmon in season...my most treasured catch would be a pickerel i caught 5 years ago couldnot believe my eyes it weighed 7 pounds !

Archived