The Glen

Guest RatOVan

Guest RatOVan

I've been a lurker on this board for a few weeks now and I am thankfull for the information I have received from reading the posts.

So now I get to return the favor.

I've fished the Glen the last two days. Monday was very cold. I tried Spinners, worms (real and fake), and some egg patterns in a variety of colours floated and drifted.

Nothing.

Yesterday I returned to the same place and tried the same tactics figuring the warmer weather might help my cause. Unfortunatley this brought me no better success, even though during this time a couple of large fish porpoising about 7 feet from shore every few minutes or so.

Then I noticed a small dead fish float buy. Black on top, silver/white underneath.

I had one....one rapala about 5" long...black on top...silver under. What the heck.

Three casts later...I had one steelie of about 10-15 lbs on...unfortunately he broke me off about 2 feet from shore taking my only chance at other fish with him!

I headed to Canadian Tire to pickup some more rapalas and even with the bad weather I plan on going down there again tomorrow!

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

Outstanding stuff RatOVan. To bad he broke off. It is always good to have backup (2) of each bait your using. I live by the moto, "I have a Backup for my Backup" :)

Archived