Pike-Off Update

rick

With just over a month left in the NFN Pike -Off, I just wanted to remind everyone that there is plenty of time to go out and try to beat the leading lengths.

The leaders are;

From a boat, Richard with 23.5".

From shore, Scottydog with 32"

I have thrown in two Abu-Garcia spinning rod and reel combos into the prize packs.

Reg from Gill Finigans has added the following;

3 Osprey Bucktail Spinners 1 black, 1 pink and 1 black/yellow,

1 Musky Innovations BullDawg.

And Denis from Fishin Niagara added some spinner baits and a few other things. He will also throw in a quantum baitcaster rod for a lake erie pike over 40 inches, but a noticeable background or landmark must be in the photo and it has to be 40 inches or over.

For the other prizes check out the official thread HERE.

Guest Rockfish

Thanks for the update Rick, Dang I've got 32 Pike so far this year and the last 2 on the weekend were only 18" and a 21" er, the big ones still seem to be in hiding.

<_<

hey thanks for the update..we all better get to work and try to come up with a couple monsters...hey an extra excuse to go fishin..now I can tell the wife...hey..but honey, look what I can win...now i have to go fishin more...my luck has been kinda like Rockfish's..I have caught maybe pushing 20 pike all year so far...all have been pretty small with a couple in the 24 inch range and biggest being in the 30's but that one was before I knew anything about the pike off on here or even joined in on the forum action

now I can tell the wife...hey..but honey, look what I can win...now i have to go fishin more

Just show her that teddy bear with the NFN t-shirt and she will force you to go out and try and win it for her. :lol:

I'd be happy to win all those great prizes, didn't think I would still be in the lead at this point.

If you all want to fish for something else but pike, that be fine by me :Gonefishing:

I've been trying to beat my record pike (23.5) for a few weeks now, but only catching little pikes.

Don't know if this snow will finally bring the big ones inland.

Archived