Upper River Today

Guest chilli

Well it looked pretty murky. I'd say visibility at Jarvis St. was about 5-6 inches. Notice the 24/7 blues across the bridge.

24-7.jpg

No fishing today although I grabbed some eggs from Denis for future outings. Not sure whether it's the 24th or 25th fishing is closed. Just got the car E tested for her birthday tomorrow. Maby I'll go fishing and see if I can get her a birthday trout.

Although with clarity like this, I won't be crossing my fingers. Too hard to fish that way anyway.

clarity.jpg

You all have a happy holidays and don't drink n drive. :) Eat lots of pickled eggs and hold those covers tight over her head.icon8.gif

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

It's the 24th Xmas eve. I've been trying to find it on the online regs. again but haven't be able to.It is open on the 25th,and yes I was out Xmas mornin to the Bar. Since my father passed away Xmas has been not what it used to be.

Thanks for the Pics Dan,hope you and your family have a good Christmas!!!

Yeah Brian......................

I know what you mean about not having your Dad around, changes everything.

All you guys and gals that still have your Dad, don't just do something special on father's day, appreciate him each and every day...........

I might try some shorefishing from Artpark in the morning, I'll post my sucesses and or failures.

-Dave

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson
Yeah Brian......................

I know what you mean about not having your Dad around, changes everything.

-Dave

5269[/snapback]

The wife couldn't understand me when the Red Sox won the Series,I just made a fist when the ball was hit to second base and said "Thats it" Then I just sat there wishing dad was still around! Last time I saw him he mentioned he wouldn't be around much longer,I told him he wasn't going anywheres till the Sox won the Series. 87 years he waited to see the Red Sox win it and never got to see it! They were just 2 years to late!

Guest Sue Watson 1

Thanks for the heads up guys, i will still be spending Christmas with my mom and dad and my family, but yes you never know when it will be your last.

Best Wishes to all over the holiday season

Guest Gill Finigan

I'll go along with that. Some of my best memories are fishing with my father. We fished together since i was a wee lad. Im his later years i had a great time taking him out and helping him like he once did for me.

Time is all we have. So take some of it and enjoy it with the ones we love.

Hmmm think we got off topic. I was down today in the lower. No vis, no fish. Good report eh?

Last time I saw him he mentioned he wouldn't be around much longer,I told him he wasn't going anywheres till the Sox won the Series. 87 years he waited to see the Red Sox win it and never got to see it! They were just 2 years to late!

Don't worry Brian, I'm very sure that he saw the whole thing and was cheering right along with you. :)

Gents,

Thanks for the clarification on the regs concerning Christmas Eve, I've been (unknowingly) fishing it for the last few years :) , good thing that I'm C&R on Rainbows!

I have been checking the long term forecasts, and it's disappointing to see SW winds be dominant, I'm itching to get back down to the gorge for a little drifting again. Enclosed is a fish from a few weeks ago at the Glen, a small Brown Hen that I released after a quick shot.

brown6vy.jpg

Merry Christmas to all,

Joe

Was just to Nichols in the upper and there is a definate mudline along the shore but further into the current it was very green looking. There's alot of runoff right now but if we get that coldsnap it will help. Watch your driving though cause once this mess freezes, there's going to be cars all over the place.

Archived