Queenston boat launch.

Action

Was at the boat launch today checking it out for myself to see if it would be easy to launch and it does look pretty simple. Basically launch the boat tie it to the red support where the dock was attached to. When your ready to head out pull the boat to the rocks on the other side and hop in. There wasen't any ice built up on them so it looks safe enough. Water clarity was just under a foot at best. Color was dark brown. Couple guys down there. They were getting fish, but probably would've been more productive if the clarity was there. All fish were coming on chartreuse roe bags.

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

I was there yesterday around noon. Saw Aldo salting down the ramp. Alot of ice snow build up. Nothing down there was plowed. Road down was frozen ruts,I had some salt and help Aldo with the salting of the road down.

People there fishing Friday,they were fishing out of season.The 24th is a closed day for fishing!

Brian, I believe the season was open yesterday. The lower river is division 8 is it not? Rainbow, Brown and Lakers are all open.

And I believe the upper is division 2 and although rainbows and browns are closed on the 24th, lakers are still open.

Am I reading this wrong?

Guest bigfish1965

No Markus, you are right. With the advent of more seasons the MNR only has a few species closed Dec 24th in Divison 8 this year. Namely Splake....everything else is open, I believe. It did used to be that Dec 24th pretty much shut down the whole thing.

Archived