thorold trout?

tmate

Well today i heard a story that a year or so ago a guy i go to school with caught a nice rainbow trout out of the water near the holland road wier(basically gibson). I thought the water was to shallow for these fish in the summer but thought it was worth asking to see what everyone says..In the summer i also remember a guy telling me he caught a rainbow in there earlier in the day. So now that i have to stories im starting to think they might be in there...well thanks to who ever replies

I don't know.. I would believe it when I see it.

I've heard these stories too but until I land a beaut there myself or see a verified, untampered photo with that nasty water gushing in the background, I'm a skeptic.

And yes, I have been fishing there this fall.. Maybe 20 angler hours in total. Been using a silver j13 most of the time.. nothing. I have seen a number of perch caught there in the calm water on the north side.

But then you see that trout scottydog got out of a ditch and you don't know what to think.

tight lines cleo out

that system has a connection to the welland canal I believe. as well trout are supposedly caught below decew falls. hell i spoke with a guy who was targeting them above decew, we exchanged some info, i was in search of muskie.

For the size of that area, there should be lots of room, without looking at a map that has the water depths it is hard to say for sure if the habitat would be prime ... but thereare always a few fish that can survive as exceptions to the rules.

Google maps of beaverdams

if you scroll around the map you can see it connects to the canal and is a fairly large water body so there should be many spots with a solid depth to give the trout a cooler water temp in the summer

Guest BrownBomber

I've heard lots of rumors of Lake Gibson (including walleye and whitefish being in there) but this one is new. Whether its true or not, gotta love the variety in Gibson...bass, musky, pike...you name it and its in there.

BTW, was at the Beaverdams ponds today and the right pond's water level was soooo low.

Guest cplummer

Well today i heard a story that a year or so ago a guy i go to school with caught a nice rainbow trout out of the water near the holland road wier(basically gibson). I thought the water was to shallow for these fish in the summer but thought it was worth asking to see what everyone says..In the summer i also remember a guy telling me he caught a rainbow in there earlier in the day. So now that i have to stories im starting to think they might be in there...well thanks to who ever replies

we used to get alot of rainbows years back in that fast water..never anything big but could always get a few a day in the 12" range...since most of that water is slow they hang out in the faster colder moving water.. it's a summer hang out for rainbows there.. it started really slowing down in the mid 80's and i haven't targeted them since...

cliff...

BTW, was at the Beaverdams ponds today and the right pond's water level was soooo low.

if you asking about the google maps link ... no. google maps is from 2003 i think.

Guest BrownBomber

if you asking about the google maps link ... no. google maps is from 2003 i think.

I wasn't refering to the map IBC. I'd say at least 50% of the pond's bottom was exposed when I was there yesterday.

Thanks for all the replies..I guess theres is bow's in there after all..thanks to vidarling for the actual picture because that is exactly where i fish!

Archived