Fiberglass boat ?

BigMac

I fish from my fiberglass boat all winter with no problems. I use a lot of caution though when there's ice floating.

If ya my 18 foot fiberglass, white center consul sea swirl Striper on the Niagara, feel free to say hello.

Good thread...........

Had the same questions myself regarding using my 18' Champion Bassboat

for winter fishing.

I've got to store mine in my driveway, any tips on keeping the engine warm before while sitting outside.

Electric blanket, insulation ?

-Dave

l stored my boat in the drive way aswell and all l did to the

motor is, l had it winterized for the winter and made sure that all the

water was drained out, l then wrapped it in a blanket and a tarp

over the entire boat and motor, so it should'nt be a problem........

as long as you make sure that you drain all the water out and leave

it in the down position.........

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson
I just make sure not to bounce any off the haul. :Gonefishing:  The drifts are a peice of cake, but making the run to the mouth can be tricky if there's lots of ice floating.

5337[/snapback]

I've only seen you done there twice,and there was no ice. where are you fishing in the winter?

Brian, I only started fishing the niagara last March and I'll be there as much as I can this winter. One of our trips there last year, the river was riddled with floating chunks of ice. We had to take our time getting to the mouth. For the past 2 years, I've launched my boat in Erie when ever I can find an open launch and have had to manouver around a lot floating ice.

I only recall seeing you there once, but it'll be great to see you whenever we're there.

I'm looking forward to fishing the niagara a lot this year.

I use to have a fiberglass boat and fished the lower Niagara all winter with no problems. Just watch for the ice and go slow. when taking my boat out I would lower the motor when on the trailer and drain any water out, sometimes I would hit the key and fire the motor for about 10 seconds to clear the water pump as well

rebs

Archived