Dunnville Ice Update Boxing Day

Guest fishmaster

Guest fishmaster

Hope everybody had a good Christmas . Good News the river is ready to fish just got back from checking the ice at the dam out front the boat club .Seems to be 4"to 5" out in the middle straight out from the boat launch .i wouldn't chance getting to close thought. i will be heading out for some walleye around 2 oclock today will post the verdict tonight if anybody would like to join me i will be down by vic powells. remember be safe .. Bait & Tackle Dunnville

www.mountaincable.net

Guest fishmaster

Well we just got back . deside to try at the dam instead of vics not a bad afternoon at all the 2 of us got 13 walleye and 16 perch .frist set a line in 14 fow no hits .tried in 24fow no luck. Mike Sue & Barry where fishing in the 27 to 30 fow & where hauling A** .lots of small walleye but some fair keepers 18 to 20 inch range .all the years i have fished the river i have never seen so many perch hope it keeps up .going to give vic's a shot tommrow or the next day .will post how i make out .

www.mountaincable.net/~

Guest FIN "S" FISHER

I have tryed the ice fishing down there several times and came up with only catfish. was wondering what you were using? Always gone with the live bait down there. tryed jigs before but no luck. was wondering if you could be helpfull as I would like to enter thye tournament this year but would like to get some more Ideas besides live bait. so maybe I have a chance. Im not asking for your special spot or anything I can do that on my own. but maybe some different type of baits. you can e mail me if you would like as this is only my 2 nd year on the hard water. thanks in advace. :D:Gonefishing:

Guest fishmaster

FIN "S" FISHER all i ever use for the walleye is Rapala Jigs Buckshot Jigs Swidish Pimples tipped with small shiners .today the fish where hiting very light and only like 2" off bottom on black silver Rapala Jig .i normally dont fish the dam area i usally fish down river .first light and just before dark has produced some of the biggest walleye ive caught throught the ice on the grand .landed 3 fish pushing 10lbs last winter flo red glo buckshot 17 fow .stop by the shop and i can point u in some directions .

www.mountaincable.net/~

Guest FIN "S" FISHER
FIN "S" FISHER all i ever use for the walleye is Rapala Jigs Buckshot Jigs Swidish Pimples tipped with small shiners .today the fish where hiting very light and only like 2" off bottom on black silver Rapala Jig .i normally dont fish the dam area i usally fish down river .first light and just before dark has produced some of the biggest walleye ive caught throught the ice on the grand .landed 3 fish pushing 10lbs last winter flo red glo buckshot 17 fow .stop by the shop and i can point u in some directions .

www.mountaincable.net/~

5361[/snapback]

Thankyou very much. I have been in your shop a few times. You showed me pictures of some fish you have caught. Ill be sure to stop by on the holidays . I am off till the 3rd.

Guest fishmaster
YOU HAVE MINNOWS?  YOU OPEN TOMORROW IF SO WHAT TIME?

5363[/snapback]

Yes i have minnow in the 24 hr bait shack .will be open only for a couple hrs tommrow .reopen tuesday .

Check my PMs what do u mean

5366[/snapback]

:lol: Your private messages on this board. I sent you a few emails and you say you never get them so I sent you a message about how to do that link thingy we talked about. Near the top of this page, click on where it says "New Messages."

Guest cplummer

tommy good to go for tomorrow we got the ice auger warmed up ! thinking like leaving here @ 5AM i'll get brad to call you or u call him i work till 1am..

cliff...

Archived