ice fishing...

spanky

So for my first adventure out sometime soon hopefully (reading and seeing the ice fishing reports here: http://www.fish-hawk.net/phpBB-2.0.2/phpBB...ewforum.php?f=2 ) is really getting me interested.... of course i wanna pick something up that's "universal", mostly panfish, but perhaps the odd pike/eye... not planning on buying anything too elaborate... just looking for something that will make my first time out enjoyable...

have seen the 20", 24" and 28" U/L and 24" and 28" medium action rod/reel combo's for $30.... sounds good, not sure which size would be best for me tho...

i'm more than a little nervous about falling through the ice, so i don't wanna spend too much unless i know i can handle it :huh:

told ya'... i'm way more than new to this stuff ;)

i think i'll enjoy it, it's just the whole nervous feeling of falling through.... paranoi runs rampant in my head :)

CTC had some cheap "subzero" kit/combo for $25. with jigs,ice line, grubs/waxies and rod/reel... i'm sure i can pick up a few cheap-o odds/ends (you'd know what else i'd need) aswell... would like to try the Beacon/Jordan Harbour/Grand/Valens first, then if i like that, being in a warm heated hut would be like fishing in luxury :D (always do things backwards, i know :huh: )

Just gotta get out first and get me some warmer clothes.... floater suit just isn't in the cards... yet ;)

sounds good!! .... been almost 2 months since i've been out fishing, could use a day out.... and damn, you love the ice fishing, so i'll learn all i can from you.... like how the hell you read that vexilar thingy :huh:

Hey guys if your ever looking for good ice fishing outfit, try Akers Ice Huts in St. Williams, i went there a few times last year and caught lots of nice ones, and the people who run it are pretty nice too.

Brad

Archived