Whirlpool Shore Fishing ?

Guest troutseeker

Guest troutseeker

Anyone have any suggestions for fishing the Whirlpool in December / January from Shore ?

I understand the lower river is pretty good right now for late Steelies via boat. But what (if any) opportunities are available to a shore fisherman this time of year ?

Any advice would be appreciated...rod & reel size...line ....especially method meaning casting bait or drifting under a float....minnows or roe...etc.

Thanks for the help and thank you to Spanky on Fish-Hawk for sending me to this site !

Troutseeker

:huh:

Goodluck on getting advice about trout fishing...LOL! I have been trying to get advice on catching steelies for months...but not many people help! They like to keep secrets. LOL!! A few do help out, but anyways!

I would say go to Gill Finnigans on Queen street in the Falls, he will help you out with your steelhead adventures!

well im heading down friday to do some shore fishing! ive been doing it for a couple years now ( for trout ) if ya wanna meet up down there and learn let me know jackle79@hotmail.com

I just finished writing an article on Trout Fishing in the Niagara Region. Look for it in the Ultimate Fishing Annual at the fishing or sportsman show. Or go see Reg at Gill Finigan's in Niagara Falls or Peter at Peter's Tackle in St.Catharines. They can set you up with all the info and gear that you need.

Guest dannyboy

Troutseeker:

Tom's advice is right on, I talked to Peter at Peter's Tackle in St Kitts and he helped to set up a basic rig using some of my existing equipment along with some new stuff. (I'm sure Reg would do the same from what I've heard).

I've caught fish under floats with roe and yarn as well as casting spoons and spinners.

The best advice I can give you is to go and fish, the fish don't care what your rig looks like, you may not get tons of info on the internet, but anyone that I have met fishing the Glen and Whirlpool have been friendly and willing to share information.

Dan

Archived