Nice Marlin Pic

charlieD

Thanks...it is a waist of money if you have choppy water! I paid alot of money to sun tan and sleep! But if it is not choppy, holy crap they catch into alot of fish there!! One guy on the way home said his boat hooked into 15 fish in the day...5 were marlin! Not sure if I would do it again unless it was a calm day on the ocean, so as they can see the fish surface!!

try and research a nice sunny calm day on the internet, if you can! Also don't book way in advance like I did. I thought I wouldn't get a charter, there are hundreds of boats! Research now, and when you get there call the place you pick. Also look at each sites fishing reports, it will tell you how many fish they caught in the weeks! Personally I wouldn't do it again, but If I had a different charter it might have been different! I wouldn't recomend Solmar sport fishing!!

Guest yo fish
try and research a nice sunny calm day on the internet, if you can!  Also don't book way in advance like I did.  I thought I wouldn't get a charter, there are hundreds of boats!  Research now, and when you get there call the place you pick.  Also look at each sites fishing reports, it will tell you how many fish they caught in the weeks!  Personally I wouldn't do it again, but  If I had a different charter it might have been different!  I wouldn't recomend Solmar sport fishing!!

5553[/snapback]

Thanks for the advice and I agree with the get a good captain not as much fun if you can't communicate.Peter

Guest erie_guy

My wife and I did Cabo for our honeymoon. If you're going to Cabo bring lots of money because its expensive to fish there. The Gordo Banks is the place to go, but it will cost a small fortune because its about 30 miles offshore. The Sea of Cortez is less costly and can have some fantastic fishing. Check saltwater messageboards before you go. This isn't really the season for marlin, May, June, Sept., and Oct. are the best months for marlin. A cheaper alternative are the "pangas". An 18' open fiberglass boat with a captain and one crew member. They aren't allowed more than a mile or two from shore, but there can be some great action. We pounded the mahi mahi, and the rooster-fish. My wife hooked into a wahoo that headed for Brazil and was never seen again. Just make sure at least one of them can speak english, and the crewman is experienced. We had about a 400lb. marlin 30' from the boat but the crewman couldn't toss the foot-long mackerel to the marlin. I was not impressed. We went to Manzanillo "the sailfish capital of the world" 2 years ago. For $70 USD I went out for 6 hours and landed an 8' sailfish. A little cheaper than Cabo.

Guest Markus

Awesome fish CharlieD. My wife and I went deep sea fishing in cuba this year. It wasn't marlin season, so we fished wahoo, dolphin and tuna. We're planning our next vacatiuon around marlin season. :worthy: I love seeing pics of them. Congratulations. (I used to do bit of Long Jumping in NS myself)

Archived