Tipping Charter Captain

oldcatcher

Santa Claus brought me a day charter in the lower niagara next week with one of the top guides on the US side.

It will be my first charter, I'm guessing some sort of tip is usually offered if you are pleased with the trip.

How much is the norm? Flat amount or percentage of cost?

-Dave

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson
Santa Claus brought me a day charter in the lower niagara next week with one of the top guides on the US side.

It will be my first charter, I'm guessing some sort of tip is usually offered if you are pleased with the trip.

How much is the norm? Flat amount or percentage of cost?

-Dave

5548[/snapback]

Dave

I guided on the Miramichi for a season way back in the late 70's It was 10%,I do believe there up to 15% now. Like Paul says if it's a good trip, tip,if not.......

I paid 15%  when I was in Mexico a few weeks ago.  And my charter was terrible!  If you get a good charter let me know, I am planning on taking one this spring!

5552[/snapback]

I'll let you know by next weekend CharlieD...........

Might not be until Sunday, The Charter is Friday, my daughter is getting married on Saturday (man the fishing gear I could have bought that that money!! lol)

I won't mention the charter now, don't want to put any pressure on the guy in case he reads over here <grin>

Also, many thanks to Mrs. Oldcatcher for the xmas gift!!! I think I'll keep her another 35 Years!!!!!

-Dave

LOL....alright thanks alot!  you said that was a charter on the USa side thou didn't you?

5560[/snapback]

Yea... CharlieD..... It's on the US side, launches out of Lewiston, NY

-Dave

Archived