Sherkston Closed for Holidays

charlieD

Sherston does not have ice fishing for insurance reasons.The ice does get thick enough to walk on but They have decided not to risk it being a private facility.To bad though it would be an incredible place to catch trout through the ice.

Odysseus... I don't know about you, but I have a ton of stories from Sherkston. When I was in high school, Sherkston was theplace to be... drive onto thebeach and party. I know its cleaned up pretty well from what it was 15 or 20 years ago, but it still has a reputation... could some cold death make it any worse?

cd.

Guest canadadude

I remember when it was a party spot aswell, also can remember a few tragedies in that quarry due to drunk'in escapades!! I'm glad it's cleaned up and I agree with the no ice fishing policy let the fish have a rest over the hardwater season!! Ice fishing can be tough on a population of land locked trout in a small area, building snowmobile trails by some of my favorite speck lakes wiped the populations out in only a couple of seasons!! I can see some weak spots around the quarry also if it's spring fed and I know some unluckly angler is bound to find them!!

Guest cplummer

totally new owners since the past.. they have turned the park into the best family campgrounds in ontario... the party days of yesterday are all gone and the security there are tough on offenders...

Due to insurance costs they do not allow icefishing..

cliff...

also next years derby will be as follows and i will organize it again..and will add tony scavo as my side kick :-).......

3rd week of April (sat) strictly a kids derby

1st week of oct there will be a family derby

cliff...

Archived