Thank you Sue.........

jhm123452000

Had a great day at Gilford..............2 of us kept around 50-60 perch...........only threw 2 back...........average around 10" with about 15 jumbo's............thx for giving up your spot ............I've had better number days on Simcoe but never the size of fish we caught today.............they were all big............did exactly what you said about going out farther than everyone else.............Anyways just wanted to say thx.............can't wait to go back............but I don't know with this weather so mild very slushy today...............sure was tricky finding a bait shop on that side of the bay good thing we were early..........thx again JHM :o:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Guest Sue Watson 1

You are more than welcome buddy, how deep did you fish today? More than anything I am glad you made it back safely. There is a Bait shop I think its called Kingsville, or something like that along the 400 hwy. It has great bait there, we stop on our way down there.

Let me know what ice conditions were like and how much by the end of your day today. Thanks, and I'm glad you did well today.

Happy New Year's,

Sue

Guest Sue Watson 1

I know I did not give you much when I said go out past everyone else but the way I look at it, when you have about 50 guys surrounding in one little area you have to get away from everyone and you don't have to fight for the same fish. We were in 30 FOW water when we were fishing there yesturday, but I would not advise anyone to venture out that far again until the ice stabilizes and gets stronger. This thaw will definately hurt things in one way but on the other hand the snow will be back off the ice again and when it freezes again it will be makin ice instead of the snow insulating it. Lets all hope for some good cold weather and we will be able to all enjoy it safely again.

Guest SkeinMachine

Sue,30 fow is almost 1/2 way across to Keswick side :o

Farthest I've walked out(2 yrs ago) is 28 fow,took almost a 1/2 hr.

Nicely done JHM :worthy:

Guest Sue Watson 1

I know Skeiner, we were almost half way across, we had a Fish Easy 2 a Vexilar and an Aquaview with us on Tues. That's how I know I am definate about our depth.

Guest Sue Watson 1

Tuesday, the day we had the electronics out we were out there with the 7 of us. 6 of us are all from the Staitline Anglers club out of Grimsby. Kim, was the guy with the Aquaview, he had complained about vis as well, but he did see the fish coming in and out. I kicked Roy out of his hut for a while :worthy: that's where the vexilar was going, it was my first time really putting one to use and its something I would love to work towards purchasing one of my own. Then two of our other guys had the Fisheasy 2.

We went back out there again on Thurs. with our one 12 year old son and his buddy, we had no electronics with us then, but we found where we were prior that week and smoked them even better that our first trip.

I sure hope things freeze back up real quick! :o

Guest Sue Watson 1

Hi Steve

If you are asking me if the ice is safe, I would not be able to say yes for sure since I have not been there since before the thaw. All I can tell you is this, if I could I would be out there right now, then again I may be a bit more crazier than alot of these guys :(

I will show you this though go to

http://www.icecabins.com

he does have promising reports on his 24 hour ice report and on his message board and that is where I have been fishing out of.

I do know that you will have to walk, taking machines on the ice I'd say you will loose your machine as well as possibly your life.

Be careful out there and let me know how you make out.

Good Luck :(

Archived