snow conditions at the ramp

Guest dwc67

since the warm weather has killed some of my ice fishing plans i am thinking of taking the boat out of storage and go to the bar. the snow is just about gone in hamilton how is it at the queenston ramp??

Guest Markus

Thanks EJW66, I was thinking about giving the bar another try myself tomorrow and I'd love to here a water clarity report before heading down. Thanks for help.

Guest Markus

I was getting them at Fishing World, but there's no need to use minnows. The 65 we boated last week weren't fussy. White tubes and storm swim baits on the 3-way set up are just as productive and they stay on the hook much better.

I won't be bringing any if the conditions permit a trip tomorrow. But if you need some, I'd be happy to pick some up on the way for you.

I was getting them at Fishing World, but there's no need to use minnows.  The 65 we boated last week weren't fussy.  White tubes and storm swim baits on the 3-way set up are just as productive and they stay on the hook much better.

I won't be bringing any if the conditions permit a trip tomorrow.  But if you need some, I'd be happy to pick some up on the way for you.

5609[/snapback]

Thanks Markus I will be going to if conditions are alright. Let me know what you find out about the conditions. If you are stopping to pick up supplies pick me up some of what your using. I can pay you when I get there. Send me an email and I'll give you my cell # and details.

Thanks

Guest Markus

Action, I'm good for supplies, but I'd be happy to pick you up what ever you need.

Lets source out a conditions report and if the bar is a go, you just need to let me know how many minnows you want, I believe they are $4/dozen and I'll pick them up for you.

Lets hope for green water with at least some visibilty. I'm hoping this rain hasn't mudded the whole place. :(

Water clarity this morning was only 8" at best. With these south winds it's not going to get any better for tommorrow or Tuesday. Hopefully by Thursday will see better conditions. We were going to launch this morning but decided no to after checking the winds. We went down though anyway to take a look. There three boats there all sitting. Probably debating whether or not to launch.

Guest Looney Tunes

I fished yesterday and the river was muddy. The bar had some green water on the west side buy I couldn't get a strike. It's just to muddy.

><<<<*>

Archived