Hints 4 buying 25th Rod pls

rchamber

:lol: Fisherman go through many stages of fishing equipment and many, many fishing poles for different occasions. I have been pinning for awhile with a rod that is only 11' 0". I have finally done enough spring, summer and fall chores that my wife has agreed to a new rod for me. :blush: The best pole would be a light in weight, medium action to medium fast action 13' - 15' rod for that secret spot where Canadadude and Troutslayer cannot see me. B) I would appreciate any info on the type of rod to purchase and where to buy it as the spring run is gonna come early and go fast this year. Thx!

okuma I think has a 15'..retails for just over $110 bones....its the one I wanna get next....when I have money that is....LOL. Also cplummer on this board makes custom rods...not sure of the price but great quality rods!

Guest canadadude

Check out the Raven line of float rods Pete's in St Catharines has a good Selection and there reasonably priced still cost a alttle$$$$$$$ but there pretty nice quality rods!! Frontier is also not a bad brand of reasonably priced rods and there made in Canada :lol: If you got lotsa $$$$ I think you still can't beat the Loomis line!! Go for a 3 piece rod also for anyhting 13+ its alot more convenient for traveling,storing etc!! This is just my opinion I'm sure there are lots of other choices out there the main thing is to get somthing thats comfortable for you!!! :blush:

Personally I still love my Loomis B):)

I run strictly Loomis for the Steelies. However, my buddy has a Raven that he has had no problems with and enjoys it (good for the money)...The Quantum PT 13 ft is also a great rod for the money (it has a great warrenty and a new points club so you can receive free shirts,hat,coats etc.)

Stunning work on that rod cplummer. :blink: Still trying to make my mind up for that new rod and Spring is just around the corner. Peter's does have Raven rods at 13' - 15' but by feel they are light action to protect 4-6lb test. He has the new Frontier Canada Loomis rods and by feel they are light to medium action. Too bad you can't take a fishing rod out for test drive. :lol: I have not felt a St. Croix rod yet and don't know who carries these. Loomis also has Sage and Spey rods in the 13' - 15' length but I guess until you land a fish on one of these, you really don't know what you are getting into. Leaning towards the Frontier right now, thx for the info!

Archived