Fishing Rod problem

Guest Brad_c

Guest Brad_c

Hey guys,

While i was fishing this fall i smacked the tip of my rod against the boat and the piece that goes around the inside of ring busted out, i dont know how to fix this problem and I think I should because this will cause the line to wear because the piece of mineral or whatever was in there helps the line go in and out smoothly. anyone else ever have this problem or know how to get it fixed??? :unsure:

Brad :angry:

rodtip0035hc.jpg

Guest Brad_c

thanks guys i didnt even know there was such a repair kit, maybe ill try peters i go there sometimes ne ways. the rod is a fenwick ive had it for 2 seasons and dont know if theres a warranty... I dont even have the receipt ne ways :unsure:

brad :angry:

Guest Brad_c
where did you get the rod from?

5855[/snapback]

Mikeyb

I got the rod from West Marine its a Fenwick Aspen series, i had to order it cause I couldnt find ne store who had it in stock

Guest cplummer

brad i'm a custom rod builder all you have to do is find a tip thats the same size then use is a glue stick, cut a small sliver off the glue stick the use a pin to stuff it into the guide then heat it up and insert on the end of the rod but you must line it up fast because the glue hardens fast.. it's hard to judge the size but looks like a 5.5 size from here .

if you still can't figure it out then e-mail me i'll fix it free of charge.(cost of the tip not included)

cliff...

Archived