Scugog: Where to start?

Smitty

I am going to go to scugog tomorrow morning. never been there before. was wondering if anyone could share some advice on where to start from . i dont have a sled to be running all over the lake so somewhere i can walk out from shore from would be nice.

Thanks

Dave

I was there yesterday and did well with 3 nice eyes. I walked out from Goreski's marina, you can access the ice at the boat launch and walk out the channel onto the main lake. I just headed straight out to the middle drilled holes until i found some weeds. Did not get my fish until the sun went down after 5:30pm and talking with others there that is the norm for scugog they are most actively feeding before and after sunset with not many caught during the light of day. Might want to hold off and go later it the afternoon and be ready for the evening bite. I might be persuaded to make the trip back there need a partner?

Good luck Ken

unfortunatley i can only go in the morning. i am in toronto right now and have to be back in niagara for 3.

sorry. thanks for the info though. i am planning on being there for 6. will post my results.

was on the ice for 6. began drilling holes and finally found some suitable weeds around 7. fished for an hour with nothing than moved locations and hooked a nice pick right away but lost him at the hole. fished for a couple more hours with no success. was a nice day out but some more action would have been nice. ice was 11 inches. lots of vehicles out there today.

Archived