Niagara River Walleye

JFish

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if someone could tell me if the methods for fishing for walleye change from the summer to the winter. I know more walleye move into the river during the winter but does bait change? I was using 3 way rigs with a small spinner and small piece of minnow or worm during the summer. I would think this would still work in the winter months, am I right.

Thanks

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if someone could tell me if the methods for fishing for walleye change from the summer to the winter.  I know more walleye move into the river during the winter but does bait change?  I was using 3 way rigs with a small spinner and small piece of minnow or worm during the summer.  I would think this would still work in the winter months, am I right.

Thanks

5978[/snapback]

Slow down ,the fish will be holding in slack water, I find big minnows work best and the season closes at the end of Feb.

Guest LloydChristmas
Slow down ,the fish will be holding in slack water, I find big minnows work best and the season closes at the end of Feb.

5990[/snapback]

are there any walleye at the whirlpool?

I had a weird bite the other day on a rubber minnow.

Guest LloydChristmas
yes they are in the pool  i catch huge ones all summer at night..

cliff...

5999[/snapback]

Thanks man,

have you seen one caught in the winter?

My buddy had a huge muskie on for a minute two weekends ago but I've never seen an 'eye pulled out in the winter.

Archived