Pt Albino ice pics

Sirfishalot

Took a sunday drive today out to Port colborne and then to Pt. Albino to check on ice . Port colborne as we know has plenty of safe ice, Point Albino is also frozen over as far as the eye can see. The thickness in the boat club out to the end of the pier is over 6" and firm after that who knows but it looks good. I didn't have my survival suit on so venturing out any further was out of the question.Lots of cracks but they look to be firm now. The dog on the other hand took off like a shot off on one of his adventures.. :rolleyes: Here are some pics starting in Ft Erie as I was up there visiting Denis then Albino and then port. enjoy.

DSCF0909-1.jpg

first 2 are Ft erie ,just because thats where I started.

DSCF0910.jpg

DSCF0911-1.jpg

A few of Pt Albino

DSCF0912-2.jpg

DSCF0914.jpg

DSCF0915-2.jpg

DSCF0916.jpg

more pics to follow

Ice varies from bay to bay. There are areas where I've drilled in over 2ft, and areas that are 2 inches. In point abino, I checked yesterday and found spots with 2" and no more than 5" in any other areas. With the snow coming, and the east wind, I wouldn't reccomend being out there.

Guest canadadude

I'm not as worried about falling in as I am the 1500 dollar chopper ride back.

Your spot on with that one,these east winds could put that ice out in the middle of the lake quick :unsure:;) Erie is known for that crap and every year dudes still get in trouble out there :dunno:

Guest canadadude

I'm not as worried about falling in as I am the 1500 dollar chopper ride back.

Your spot on with that one,these east winds could put that ice out in the middle of the lake quick :unsure:;) Erie is known for that crap and every year dudes still get in trouble out there :dunno:

Archived