Heading on the ice this weekend

Guest Jeetmuck

Guest Jeetmuck

Well, I finally have a chance to hit the ice and am heading out with a buddy this weekend. Going to hit Simcoe at Gilford or Quinte near Carrying place. Just can't decide what I have a larger craving for...

Some perch....or....some pics.

Decisions decisions.

Not looking for reports but given a choice, what would you all go after.

Oh yes, going to hit Scugog next Saturday. Hope to meet up with some of you.

My wife bought me a Vex FL-18 Dual beam (dying to try it out after I sold the FL-8) and a Frabill Venture hut (the Clam bit the dust last year when it met with a fire on the ice up in Kenora...long story...LOL) and a new Protexion survival suit for Christmas. Have I mentioned it took all year hinting to get the new stuff. :lol: Hopefully I will have something to report and post some pics next week.

If you are going to be at one or the other, I will be the fella in the blindingly red suit, sitting in a black hut, watching pretty little lights on the flasher. Stop by and say hello and maybe a drink if I have any left.

JM

Guest bigfishbass

well if i had a choice...i would go to gilford... but that is just me...never been there but hear it is picking up... i am booked there on Jan 30 and Feb 6.... so we will see what happens.... hope there is ice there when i go as there is warming trend comming....last report for gilford said 4inches of ice....so it looks good. Keep us posted and we wanna see pics of the HUGE catch...

Archived