Server problems

rick

My server is experiencing some problems today, something called a DOS attack, so you might have noticed that things here are very slow. They said they are working on it so hopefully it wont last much longer. Cheers!

Rick.

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

This is the first time I've been able to get in since early this AM. Life just isn't complete without your board Rick!!! :P

Guest bigfishbass

i have been having the same prob.... man is it weird without the board... i dont know what to do with myself.....my wife says i should get some friends other than the computer (HAHAHA)....what does she know....ya things have been slow or non existant.... weird.

Guest bigfish1965

A DOS (or Denial of Service) is usually started with a trojan sent around the internet via emails or infected websites. Then at a specific time, all the trojans begin hitting the targetted server with massive numbers of connection attempts. This overloads the server and the only defense is to turn it off untill the attack is over or until the IP addresses can be blocked.

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson
i  have been having the same prob.... man is it weird without the board... i dont know what to do with myself.....my wife says i should get some friends other than the computer (HAHAHA)....what does she know....ya things have been slow or non existant.... weird.

6279[/snapback]

There life other then Fishing and Computering :D

Archived