Niagara Bar Water

BigMac

I have never fished the bar and I'm wondering if the bar is fishable when the river is muddy? I'm assuming when the river is muddy it messes up the whole bar? Any info would be great havn't fished for weeks and would love to get out this weekend.

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

This is true! However if you get the right wind theres usually a small section close to the Canadian shore line that is clear,but it's not very good,the only thing I've caught there was a muskie. You also need to watch the winds on L.Ontario,if theres strong winds blowing on shore (Canadian) it will also muddy up the Bar,even though the river is clear.

I was just down talking to Denis's at Fishinniagara,he tells me the upper is pritty clear now! Might be worth a look see (Lower) in the AM.

The winds look good for the Bar tomorrow also. Might need a 4x4 to get down and up we got about 6" of snow this AM.

Ramp might be a little too dicey for me, 2 wheel drive pick-up and 20' f/g boat could equal big trouble. Maybe someone could update ramp conditions with the water conditions,(not asking for much am I ha!ha!) I would be more than willing to help out with my shovel Sunday morning if it meant I would get out fishing. It's a long drive from Hamilton just to shovel off the ramp by myself for others to use.

Well I'm finally going to the bar, muddy or not. I have waited 3 weeks to get out there due to weather conditions so tomorrow morning (Sunday) I'm going. Will be stopping by fishingworld early in the AM so I can get to the river before light as the ramp might not be in great condition. Let's hope the motor starts, hope to see some people out there, I will be in a 16ft black and red bass (type) of boat. Might be 3 of us. If anyone is going leave a message on here also, if anyone thinks that it will be pointless to go, let me know. Thanks.

If ppl have been using it after todays snow it should be pritty good. If not, we only got about 4-6" of snow today.

I'll be on VHF Channal 68

My other fishing partner bailed on me too. Since it would be my first time down there in the winter I was hoping to have my girlfriend and another guy with me just incase something goes wrong. As of right now my girl friends mom wants to be the third person. I'm not too sure if this is a good idea but I might try it out. Like I said in other posts, I have been waiting forever to get down there. I'm sure if we can get into some lakers everyone will be happy. :(

I'm still trying to get down there, however my fishin' partner bailed on me and I'm not too keen on launching and removing the boat by myself.

6361[/snapback]

There are always some guy that wants to go out in a boat who doesn't have one :(

Oh wait that's me . HAHA I can be very helpful!

Fishinman 32...is that last post for me..not sure...hoping! Will you be going from port or queenston! Message would be cool...let me know what I have to bring...been along time since I have been in a boat!

Yepp for u, we would be leaving from Queenston. Like I said, I will PM ya in the morning if we talk her out of it. Not even sure if we are going, pretty sure, not completely positive though.

ok..cool. I will be fishing therr in the morning..then i have to have the pick the woman up at 1. So I will see. Call me at 905-351-2179 (cell) cause I won't be at home..I will be in queenston! If you do go and I come, I have to take the car back to the falls, and then get back to queenston, but we will talk! Thanks a bunch man!

Archived