Valens is open

Guest Jeetmuck

Guest Jeetmuck

Just reading on another site.

Valens appears to be open again for some fishing. Hope to get out there on Sunday after fishing up on Simcoe on Saturday.

Hopefully have something to report later.

Keep your stick on the ice,

JM

:D

Guest Jeetmuck

Hey Scottydog and Kirk,

Yes Valens is frozen over. I was out on Sunday with the kids, bottom portion was black ice and upper was 50/50 white/black and looked to be at least 10 total inches with all the layers. Lots of people out yesterday but unfortunately I couldn't hook anything. Lots of nibbles, just not quick enough to get to the kids rods (they were busy playing and not fishing).

Lots of fish located on the Vex, just no takers. Others around the area appeared to be doing well with panfish (crappie and bluegills) and quite a few pike.

As for location, it is on county rd. 97 off of #6 hwy heading towards Guelph from Hamilton.

JM

Its to bad the kids werent into the fishin on Sunday Jeetmuck, but at least they were biting. ihope to get out on the ice asap but i was wondering, cause i live in Dundas, if theres a price 2 fish there and all that?? :dunno:

Guest Jeetmuck

Hey Kirk,

Yes, it now costs $7.50 entrance into the park. Bring twoonie, loonies and quarters or a credit card. I went early and expiry was 7 p.m.

Usually lots of spots to park and quite a decent body of water to explore around.

Hope that helps,

JM

Archived