S.S. Pequin

Guest chilli

Guest chilli

Launched the S.S. Pequin for the first time today in Welland. The recreational canal was a good place to float her for the test drive. After taking it for a quick spin by myself, I took the whole fam damily down to the Broadway street bridge and back to Netherby. Trolled (while rowing) one way and bounce worms on the drift back. No fish to report today. Apparently even the rockbass and sheepshead ciesta after 2pm. Well it seems the wifes ass still gets sore quickly so I was told the next run would be a little lighter.

The boy and I got to do a solo for a quick stint and are hungry to try again on my next day off. I was thinking of meeting up with Brian this morning. Sounds like it's a good thing I decided to launch the Pequin instead as Laketrout Cuthbertson didn't have the best morning. No Fish here either but it was a pleasure run.

troll.jpg

Aint nuthin more exciting then trying out a new toy for the first time, especially when it's a fishing toy. I think I see a 9.9 outboard in your future. :Gonefishing: I hope she was leak-free. I haven't tried the recreational canal since they anounced a few years back that they were charging a fee to use it. Do they still do that?

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

chilli :Gonefishing:

Shes a fine looking water craft. Love the name also. Good to see the lifejackets on. You should be able to pick up a good used 9.9-20hp outboard this fall. I don't think the Bar was the place for the S.S. Pequin this AM. However any day you feel the need get ahold of me and we will hit the big lake.

Congrats on her first voyage,my the fish gods bless you :blush:

Guest chilli

Charging a fee? Oops, I don't know. I just slid er down the bank at the Netherby end. She's leak free and pretty much sits right on top the water. It's a shallow boat and very flat on the bottom so it's easy to stand while casting. A good boat for a trolling motor but I think a 9.9 might rip the back right off. Thin fibre.

Hey Tommy. Did you click the banner at the top of the page. There is some interesting stuff there and even after taxes, duty and exchange, your still only looking at $1000 CAD at most, delivered to your door and it will fit in your trunk. Check out the video too. Yeah, everyone do Rick a favour and click on the banner now :Gonefishing: . I actually found it interesting because I like fishing the little back lakes no one really bothers with. Like Bigfish and IBC.

Hey Brian. I picked the name because my pequins are the smallest pepper I have this year. That will be my smallest boat so the name will grow as the boats get bigger.

Firecracker Pequins my flowers of choice this year

You might want to look at something like a small 4 hp then. Wont put a lot of stress on the transom and wont go very fast, but a gallon will last for days.

Yes everybody please click the banner at the top, or even better, buy something while you're there. :Gonefishing:

Archived