Where are the Perch?

Guest Macboy

Guest Macboy

Fishing from shore in Fort Erie area, upper Niagara River and Lake Erie. Can anyone tell me where the Perch are biting in good numbers? What is the preferred bait this time of year? I have tried several spots using red worms with little to show.

Thanks in advance. :Gonefishing:

Guest chilli

Spend a couple of bucks at "Fishing Niagara" and "Denis" the owner will keep no secrets about anything he knows about the local bite. If anyone knows, he will. Stop in next door while your there and pick up some crabs :Gonefishing: . They seem to be the hottest bait but I don't think Denis has any. B) Stear clear of worms or you'll just feed the gobies.

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson
Stop in next door while your there and pick up some crabs :Gonefishing: . They seem to be the hottest bait but I don't think Denis has any. ;) 

419[/snapback]

B) LMAO!!!!! :D

Guest chilli

After reading Joe's columm in the review this morning, I decided to launch the pequin near point abino and head for 13 feet of water which holds fresh weedbeds. Apparently there are perch. I'm off all weekend but my wife works early till 3 everyday. Not sure if the perch are feeding during the hot hours but I'm willing to try.

Macboy. If you'd like, I'll see if I can get loose for a couple of hours and hit the lake (weather permitting). The Pequin is only about 1.5 feet deep and won't take a Lake Erie breeze so I can't venture far from shore. Besides, she's sweat powered.

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson
Heh you got the kids no?  Make em earn their keep!  :)

453[/snapback]

chilli

You have a wife. She might be able to keep it straight.

Archived